cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which would be better dealer financing or outside?

tag
6speed8
Regular Contributor

Re: Which would be better dealer financing or outside?

@StartingOver10 wrote:

^^^See that isn't bad. I expect CarMax to make a profit on the deal and selling to them is easy. I have never purchased from them but have sold them a couple of older cars that my husband had forever.  It was easy money and I didn't have to worry about a private individual getting upset if the vehicle stopped running at some point in the future. There is always a cost to not having the liability associated with a private sale. In your example above she only took about $600 less than the deal you were making with her and she got her check immediately. Good deal all the way around IMO

Agreed. My point was simply that CarMax is quick and easy but not to expect more $$ than simply trading the car in. Mind you though, had she taken the time to sell it privately, accepting a bank check or cash only, she could have gotten $13,500 easily. She's just the quick and easy type, no pun intended lol.

CH 7 Discharged 6/10/15
T/U - 643
EQ - 588
Ex - 647 as of 6/14/15
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which would be better dealer financing or outside?

@Dj4Money wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The 3-5k is best used to pay down your dti, also I would try to private sell or car max  your car before going to the dealership.  I think its better to pay the small gap insurance fee than to put money down if you are ok with the payments.

Actually no, I wouldn't do this. Hyundai will give you a loyalty rebate if your are a current owner. Get max for your trade and get the rebate. Car Max low balls you...

Ya I agree you can be lowballed but at least you can have an offer on the table from car max if you feel your vehicle is worth more you don't have to give them your car.  My point is negiotiate the price of the car first, have your own financing lined up/way to get rid of your car just in case the dealer tries make profit on you in another part of the deal.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.