cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who would finance an older diesel truck? Say 8/9 years old with under 100K miles.

tag
Affalterbach
Established Member

Who would finance an older diesel truck? Say 8/9 years old with under 100K miles.

I'm planning to purchase a low mile (for a diesel) 04-07 Dodge Ram 2500 or 3500. From my understanding I should be able to get a loan from big banks without much fuss on an 06 or 07 since it will be under 7 years old and most trucks I'm looking at are under 75K miles. I'm wondering who I can go to though if I find a good deal on an 04-05 with under 100K miles though? I'm trying to keep the miles under 75K (lower the beter) but would maybe go as high as 80-90K miles on the right truck/deal. 

I plan to spend around $30 max, and would be putting $15K down. My EQ FICO is 757 and my TU Walmart FICO is 698 but an old collection is set to fall off as of today and I'm expecting a jump to 720-740+, I'm not sure what my EX is but it has no derogatories and the same info as my other 3 reports and the fakos are putting me in mid 700's. As of today I should have zero bad marks on any credit reports. 

Any particular banks or institutions friendlier and more familiar with the value and life expectancy of diesel trucks? 

Thanks for any help.

Started - Under 500's due to medical bills
Current - EQ MYFICO - 767, TU WalMart Fico - 779, EX Plus - 744 Credit Karma - 709
Goal - 800+ across the board
NFCU Cash Rewards $20,000Chase Freedom $2,000, Capital One Platinum $1,500, Walmart Store Card $3,600, AMEX Green Card.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Affalterbach
Established Member

Re: Who would finance an older diesel truck? Say 8/9 years old with under 100K miles.

I should add income is just over $50 last year and been at my job for 13 years 11 months. 

On the income question though I'm unsure if I'm able to add rental income from two building I own with my brother and sister under an LLC. The buildings are paid in full and I am 1/3 owner. Can I add 1/3 of the yearly rents on top of my income from my job? 

Started - Under 500's due to medical bills
Current - EQ MYFICO - 767, TU WalMart Fico - 779, EX Plus - 744 Credit Karma - 709
Goal - 800+ across the board
NFCU Cash Rewards $20,000Chase Freedom $2,000, Capital One Platinum $1,500, Walmart Store Card $3,600, AMEX Green Card.
Message 2 of 3
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Who would finance an older diesel truck? Say 8/9 years old with under 100K miles.

With that kind of down payment, you shouldn't have a problem.

You are looking at a slightly higher rate for an older vehicle.

Maybe the savings from the older vehicle will be offset by the higher rate. You might want to just stick with something '07 and up.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.