Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why can't I get qualified?

Try DCU, I think you have a good shot.

Message 11 of 14
coterotie
Established Contributor

Does your University have a credit union?  Have you applied there?  If so and declined, then your next step is:

Go to the CU.  Ask for a cd secured instalment loan for 1K or their smallest amount. Take this out pay the first payment.  On the second payment pay 2 payments.  On the third payment pay it off.  At that point you will have instalment history and you should be good to go. 

Likely the fact that it is an electric scooter is what is keeping you from being financed.  If you went to an auto dealership, picked out a 15K used car negotiated it to 14K and put 2,500 down you would be riding instead of walking.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

my situation when i started out was similar, nobody would touch me, so what i did was saved and saved, then i took 8k and put it down on a 21k truck, then the local credit union approved me for the 13k, i think the large downpayment they cant loose if you default. maybe try a larger down payment and a local credit union. maybe everyone situation is different.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely try more credit unions. I got approved for a 15K auto loan from my local credit union even when I had a 550 EX score.

Maybe NASa FCU? I got a personal loan from them with a SP with my 606 TU score so it could definitely be possible that they approve you with your good scores. Worth a try!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.