Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why was my auto score not 850?

tag
JasonBourneOfCredit
Frequent Contributor

Why was my auto score not 850?

Just bought a new car. On some paperwork, the general manager pointed out that my credit was excellent (yes, I credited myfico.com forums!) and that my TransUnion Auto Fico was 795. I am greatly upset. Every single payment of my last car was paid on time, promptly, and without fail Shoudn't that mean my auto score would be the max, or 850?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: Why was my auto score not 850?

FICO is based on more than payment history, so no.

http://www.myfico.com/CreditEducation/WhatsInYourScore.aspx

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 5
JasonBourneOfCredit
Frequent Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

FICO is based on more than payment history, so no.

http://www.myfico.com/CreditEducation/WhatsInYourScore.aspx

This score was TransUnion Auto, not a regular Fico. Thought the Auto was based on your previous Auto payment history.

Message 3 of 5
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

It is weighted more based on your auto history, but it is still a FICO and incorparates many aspects of your credit report.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 4 of 5
JasonBourneOfCredit
Frequent Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

It is weighted more based on your auto history, but it is still a FICO and incorparates many aspects of your credit report.

I see. The manager was speechless when I said, "795? That's disappointing."  lol

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.