cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I get Approved?

tag
Rho

Will I get Approved?

I am new to the boards, but have been following along for quite sometime now. I would like to buy a new vehicle at the end of the month.  An Acura TSX..I'm looking at a used TSX for about $24k.  I plan to put down $3k and trade in my Nissan which I will probably get about $3k for...

My current scores are TU - 661 : EQ : 667 :  EX ?  I have an old unpaid judgment with Capital One ($2k)...which is due to fall off my credit report in April of 2014.  Not sure if I should try to pay it or just let it ride.  I also have a few lates on my last auto loan, but no other baddies.  I have one credit card with a utilization under 10% and some student loans.

Do you think a lender will touch me with the open judgment and the lates?

Thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Re: Will I get Approved?

The lates on your auto loan is going to be a hit on your auto enhanced FICO but you should still be able to get an approval but the interest rate is going to be ugly.  I'd strongly suggest a cheaper car while you get your scores improved.  A high interest rate on that big of a loan is going to leave you upside down for a long long time, but the bigger down payment will help there. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.