cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I get a loan for buying a truck for self employment?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will I get a loan for buying a truck for self employment?

I was a company employee until 2 months back before I left there for personal reasons. I have a family with a wife and 2 children. I don't have any pending loans and I have a credit score of 655. I am planning to become a truck driver and I want to buy a truck. I have checked online for various options of truck loans in Canada. I am still not sure about getting auto loan for self employment. How will be the interest rates for such loans? What kind of eligibility criteria are there for such loans? Hope somone could help me with proper advice. Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Re: Will I get a loan for buying a truck for self employment?

I would imagine that getting a truck loan would be similar to getting any other type of loan.  It depends on your score and your verifiable  income.  Obtaining credit is one of the challenges of the self-employed.  If you just recently became self-employed, your challenges are going to be even greater.  Pretty much any bank, CU, or any lending institution is going to want to have proof of income, especially on a loan of that size.  You may have to find a different alternative to traditional financing.  

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.