Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I get approved for an auto loan?

tag
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

Will I get approved for an auto loan?

I just pulled all three FICO scores from here.

TU - 670

EX - 614

EQ - 634

All three reports have the exact same accounts.

Negative:

1 CO from Capital One

1 Collection from Portfolio Recovery Associates (Capital One was the OC)

1 Satisified Judgement

4 of the same accounts Paid Collection (ECMC Student Loans)

Positive:

1 Student loan showing 5 on time payments, PAYS AS AGREED

1 Walmart Charge Card showing 4 on time payments, $400 CL, PAYS AS AGREED, $0 balance

1 Capital One Visa Platinum showing 6 on time payments, $1500 CL, PAYS AS AGREED, $72 balance

I've sent about 5 GW letters to Capital one for the CO and they said no numerous times, I gave up

I've sent about 6 letters to Portfolio Recovery for PFD and they have yet to replied, I gave up

I've sent about 5 GW letters to ECMC and they won't remove the Paid Collection either.

I've been with my local credit union for about 9 years now, will they approve me you think?

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
CAnNY
Frequent Contributor

Re: Will I get approved for an auto loan?

I think your CU will approve you without question. It's the amount they will approve would be the question. If you have never had a car loan before it may be best to use your CU as I've seen here the CU will use your regular FICO score which will be similar to what's on this site. Auto enhanced scores are what the dealers pull. If no car loans then your auto enhanced FICO may be much lower than your FICO here. Hope this helps!

Have you checked the thread here where folks list who gave them credit, score, amounts,lender etc,? It's a good read.

Starting Score: TU 489 EQ 561 EX unknown (2/24/2013)
Current Score: Lender Pull (11/15/13) EQ 702, TU 679, EX 684
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 10
CAnNY
Frequent Contributor

Also, my scores were lower than yours like mid 500's I think and my CU offered me like $22000 with maybe 15-16% interest with $2000 down. I was surprised to say the least with such a low score and bk13 still reporting. I did not take the deal. Currently rebuilding.

Starting Score: TU 489 EQ 561 EX unknown (2/24/2013)
Current Score: Lender Pull (11/15/13) EQ 702, TU 679, EX 684
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 10
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

@CAnNY wrote:
Also, my scores were lower than yours like mid 500's I think and my CU offered me like $22000 with maybe 15-16% interest with $2000 down. I was surprised to say the least with such a low score and bk13 still reporting. I did not take the deal. Currently rebuilding.

Cool, yeah I plan on going to my CU soon to see what they can do for me.

Message 4 of 10
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I would try harder to get those collections removed. Look for new contact numbers or mailing addresses and send multiple GW letters a month. Send them certified mail so there will be no question if someone received them and get those collections removed. You want to qualify for the best possible rate and don't want to have to refinance later b/c you got less than favorable terms. Good luck.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 5 of 10
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

I would try harder to get those collections removed. Look for new contact numbers or mailing addresses and send multiple GW letters a month. Send them certified mail so there will be no question if someone received them and get those collections removed. You want to qualify for the best possible rate and don't want to have to refinance later b/c you got less than favorable terms. Good luck.

Capital One and Portfolio Recovery are the same account and both are being really hard ass about removing them. I've sent about 4 letters every month to each of them with no reply, even certified. I know they recieved them but it looks like they dont feel like responding. Portfolio Recovery calls me once a day, should I answer and ask for a pay for deletion?

Message 6 of 10
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@tonyjones wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

Capital One and Portfolio Recovery are the same account and both are being really hard ass about removing them. I've sent about 4 letters every month to each of them with no reply, even certified. I know they received them but it looks like they dont feel like responding. Portfolio Recovery calls me once a day, should I answer and ask for a pay for deletion?

Yes. If the account is paid in full, most definitely. Also try shooting an email to CAP1 EOs. They might be able to help as well with the deletion. How recent is the collection?

Message 7 of 10
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@tonyjones wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

Capital One and Portfolio Recovery are the same account and both are being really hard ass about removing them. I've sent about 4 letters every month to each of them with no reply, even certified. I know they received them but it looks like they dont feel like responding. Portfolio Recovery calls me once a day, should I answer and ask for a pay for deletion?

Yes. If the account is paid in full, most definitely. Also try shooting an email to CAP1 EOs. They might be able to help as well with the deletion. How recent is the collection?

The account is not paid in full yet, I want to settle with them. (Portfolio Recovery), they reported it this July of 2013.

Message 8 of 10
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@tonyjones wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

@tonyjones wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

The account is not paid in full yet, I want to settle with them. (Portfolio Recovery), they reported it this July of 2013.

I would talk to the CAP1 and settle with them with the condition that they remove the collection from your credit report when account is showed as paid. You have to remember that you do have some leverage here as far as asking them to remove the negative information. Most companies will settle with a little hard work. They are trying to get something from you--their payment. I would hold off on applying for an auto loan until you correct this collection with CAP1. The newness of the collection (July 2013) is going to severely hurt your chances at a decent rate with any bank, even a credit union. I'm not saying you can't get an auto loan but your rate is going to be less than favorable unless you have an auto enhanced score. YMMV.

Message 9 of 10
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@tonyjones wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

@tonyjones wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

I would talk to the CAP1 and settle with them with the condition that they remove the collection from your credit report when account is showed as paid. You have to remember that you do have some leverage here as far as asking them to remove the negative information. Most companies will settle with a little hard work. They are trying to get something from you--their payment. I would hold off on applying for an auto loan until you correct this collection with CAP1. The newness of the collection (July 2013) is going to severely hurt your chances at a decent rate with any bank, even a credit union. I'm not saying you can't get an auto loan but your rate is going to be less than favorable unless you have an auto enhanced score. YMMV.

I can't settle with Capital One, they sold the account to Portfolio Recovery already and I've asked them. They can't do nothing for me, only Portfolio Recovery can. I'm going to just settle with Portfolio then send GW to them. I  have mailed them 10 letters now, 5 physical, 5 emails with no response whatsoever.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.