Valued Member
Josh611

Will I qualify for a loan?

[ Edited ]

Credit Score: Not sure. This will be my 6th month of history so will be purchasing my Fico through here shortly

AAoA 7 months at time of loan ( 3y 5m counting an AU card)

# of positive trade lines: 2 of my own, 1 AU

# of negative trade lines:0

Income:~12k

Lenght of Employment: 10 months

Previous Loan Experience: None

Debt-to-Income (DTI):0%

Year of Car: 2011 or 2012

Miles: 60000

Purchase/Refinance: Purchase

Requested loan term (XX Months):60

Down payment amount:2000-3000

Co-borrower/Co-Signer: Possibly, rather get it on my own

Other: Purchase price ~$10k

Have never missed a payment and have always PIF. Current Util is 6%

CL's are $400, $401, $5000 (AU)

Inq's are as follows

EQ 7

TU 6

EX 4

No recent ones though. All were from when I had no idea what credit was. Some will be close to 1 year old or more at time the loan.

Thanks in advance for any insight

Current FICO Scores EQ 721, TU 731, EX 729
AMEX BCE $4,400, Capital One Secured $801, Kohl's Charge $700
Established Contributor
SamsungHDTV

Re: Will I qualify for a loan?

You will probably get declined based on income alone. Most lenders have a minimum income requirement of around 20k.

I suggest a co-signer.

I'm a personal banker and do a lot of auto loans serving the Houston area.
I suggest first time car buyers to read the sticky guide in the auto loan section.
I try to check these forums often, but if I missed your post, please feel free to message me with a link to it.
Valued Contributor
Remember0

Yep, Samsung's comment is spot on. Is that 12k income gross (ie pre-tax) annual income? And if it is pre-tax annual income, you'd need a cosigner at almost all lenders (that I know of).

As I am very busy with work these days, I am participating in the forums less than I would like to. Please feel free to email me directly remembermyfico //at// gmail /dot/ com if you would like me to respond to a specific question you have.
Established Contributor
IamB2

Remember0 wrote:

Yep, Samsung's comment is spot on. Is that 12k income gross (ie pre-tax) annual income? And if it is pre-tax annual income, you'd need a cosigner at almost all lenders (that I know of).

+1

Most lenders will require you make at least $1600/month pre-tax. ($19,200/year). At 12K you will more than likely need a cosigner.

FICO® EQ 696 (10/10/14); TU08 691 (10/10/14); EX: 696 (10/10/14) - Last app 06/06/14; Inquiries in the last 2 yrs TU: 11; EQ: 11; EX: 12

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - Gardening!*
Valued Contributor
Remember0

I'll note that Santander Consumer's minimum is 1.2k/month (still 14.4k pre-tax) when one applies through a dealer to SCUSA. But that will likely be paired with a high interest rate.

As I am very busy with work these days, I am participating in the forums less than I would like to. Please feel free to email me directly remembermyfico //at// gmail /dot/ com if you would like me to respond to a specific question you have.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}