Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I qualify for auto loan?

tag
alexak
Regular Contributor

Dont mean to hijack this thread, but didn't think creating a new thread for the same question was a appropriate either. 

I'm in the same boat, in the market for a newish car, not sure what I can qualify for.

Credit Score: 658

AAoA: 1.7 years

# of positive trade lines: 6

# of negative trade lines: 2 ( last derog 2+ years old; both accounts are closed)

Income: ~$30k

Lenght of Employment: 3.5 years

Previous Loan Experience: none

Debt-to-Income (DTI): less than 20%

Year of Car: 2011-2012

Miles: under 40k

Purchase/Refinance: purchase

Requested loan term (XX Months): 48-60 mos

Down payment amount: ~$5000

Co-borrower/Co-Signer: none

Other:

Purchase price of desired car: $18-21k

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

OP,

I started a new thread for you, changed the title but nothing else.  Feel free to revise the post/title.

This way, members can respond to your situation

~Lexie

Message 2 of 9
alexak
Regular Contributor

Re: Will I qualify for auto loan?

@09Lexie wrote:

OP,

I started a new thread for you, changed the title but nothing else.  Feel free to revise the post/title.

This way, members can respond to your situation

~Lexie

Thank you!!

Message 3 of 9
Luscher
Valued Contributor

try with a CU, only because you have negatives on your report and have no co-signer
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 4 of 9
alexak
Regular Contributor

That's my plan. Hoping to get approved for around 14-15k.

Would those lates (on 2 separate cc's) from 2.5 years ago hurt me that bad still? I got an alert recently from myFico stating that they weren't hurting my score as much any more.
Message 5 of 9
alexak
Regular Contributor

Another question: Im an AU on my moms BOA card and it had a 5,000$ balance and a 21,000$ limit. Do I factor that in to my DTI? Is that balance going to hurt my chances of getting approved for a loan?

Message 6 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@alexak wrote:

Another question: Im an AU on my moms BOA card and it had a 5,000$ balance and a 21,000$ limit. Do I factor that in to my DTI? Is that balance going to hurt my chances of getting approved for a loan?

If it appears on your CR's you are going to have to factor that bal in.  

Message 7 of 9
alexak
Regular Contributor

Ok. Do I factor in the entire balance vs my income or just the minimum monthly payments on my cc's?
Message 8 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@alexak wrote:
Ok. Do I factor in the entire balance vs my income or just the minimum monthly payments on my cc's?

The min monthly pyt.  If you are in front of the F&I guy, you can explain that it's your Mother's account.  If he/she has Sony kind of sway with the lender, it might help. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.