Regular Contributor
gtnitright

Will I qualify

I am need of a car.  My husband and I have been sharing a vehicle for the last 2 years. Friday my EQI was 722. Today I got an alert my score dropped to 676 because a medical collection appeared. I'm furious, I've worked so hard to rebuild and get into the 700 club.  I was planning to get a vehicle in August.  Do you think I still have a chance? 

I only have 2 CC.  

Cap1.   444/1000

HSBC now CAP1.  8/300

these accounts have been paid on time for past 4 years.  I have an unpaid Macys CO and now the unpaid medical bill.  I also have a mortgage with 4 (30 day) lates that they will not budge on removing.  

Will l have a chance on getting a nice pre-owned veh.   I'm also trying to obtain without using my husbands income my income is 60k 

Starting Score : EQ 612 (6-3-13)
Current Score: EQ. 710. (6-2-14)
Goal Score: 780
Established Contributor
sphinx313

Re: Will I qualify

Your score is good enough alone for most Credit Unions that go off that alone (mostly). In my experience, Medical collections are the easiest to negotiate for removal, so if it is possible to pay it, pay it. I don't see why you wouldn't be approved. You may not get below 5-7%, but you'll get approved.

Starting Score: 532/564 10/21/12
Current Score: TU: 594 EQ: 628 EX: 617 BoA Credit Pull Denial Letter 2/20/2013
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
SamsungHDTV

You'll qualify. Try local CUs. CapOne is easy. Even the captive lender will likely approve you.

I'm a personal banker and do a lot of auto loans serving the Houston area.
I suggest first time car buyers to read the sticky guide in the auto loan section.
I try to check these forums often, but if I missed your post, please feel free to message me with a link to it.
Valued Contributor
Remember0

You'll be fine. I'd start with DCU. If they pull a 675+ EQ FICO, you'll get 1.24% (with direct deposit) with them. Worst case if they pull just below, you'll still get like 4%.

And as far as that medical collection, attack it using whychat's method. To find the method google these four words: whychat hipaa program guide

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+