Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I qualify?

tag
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

Re: Will I qualify?

@minski wrote:

I am looking at 2016 Nissan Rogue SL with or without the premium package (haven't quite decided yet). 

Would it be so bad if the dealership pulled your scores? Wouldn't it fall under auto lending, lumping it all as one for scoring purposes, and showing up as auto lending inquiries? Not that I want my credit report cluttered with yet more inquiries but just curious...

Also, if the dealership has a promotion going on, would they have to pull your scores for it? If so, how many times? They probably wouldn't have 0% promotions for an outgoing car, would they? 

I'm replacing a 2014 Rogue with a 2016 Rogue SL, NMAC (Nissan Motors Acceptance Corp) will automatically approve you with those scores even if you've never had a car loan.

It would be Tier 1 at 0% for 72 months and $500 cash, good luck with your new Rogue.

Btw, I was a Nissan New Car Manager for 5 years and know the business for 20+

Message 11 of 20
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes they will have to pull for promo financing. Most dealerships will pull 3-4 ahopping around for rates. They say fico groups inquiries by classification. i prefer not to have multiple inquiries on my report. I like to negotiate the lowest price and then say thanks i have my own financing. You'll get a better deal because dealership goes low thinking they'll make it up in interest kick backs if they get your financing.

You can tell your dealer that you only want the CR sent to the auto makers finance and don't "shotgun" it everywhere, the dealer will pull your report then NMAC (if going for Nissan) will pull as well.

Message 12 of 20
minski
Established Contributor

So, I just signed up for membership at PenFed. The representative I spoke with said that I would be getting HP if I applied for an auto loan. When I questioned this since I had only just signed up, he clarified that they have to mention that there may be a HP. So, I'm a little confused on whether it will definitely be a HP or not - for me. lol. Per the representative, the approval? pre-approval? is good for 90 days. 

I am still waiting for the HP for joining to show up. That is an HP, right? 

Message 13 of 20
minski
Established Contributor

Signed up for DCU because I've always intended to do so. Didn't realize that they'd have me pay the organization membership fee at the same time I fund the account so...I ended up paying my chosen organization twice. Smiley Frustrated

On sign up it said I was pre-approved for an auto loan up to $35,000. Not sure what the rate is. I guess I'll find out in about a week when the documents come in... 

Message 14 of 20
minski
Established Contributor

If one finalizes a deal online, how soon do the dealerships expect you to pick up the car? 

Message 15 of 20
minski
Established Contributor

so, I've sent emails requesting quotes with breakdown of drive out prices per the New Car Buying guide stickied on this forum. 

Man, these dealerships do not like email. I'm getting requests to provide a phone number so that they can call me or asking me to call them. I hate phone calls, and I work nights so I hate phone calls during the day (Call me at 3 in the morning if that suits you! Smiley Very Happy). If none of the four refuse to send an internet quote, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Smiley Sad

Maybe I'll just use the car buying service. 

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@minski wrote:

so, I've sent emails requesting quotes with breakdown of drive out prices per the New Car Buying guide stickied on this forum. 

Man, these dealerships do not like email. I'm getting requests to provide a phone number so that they can call me or asking me to call them. I hate phone calls, and I work nights so I hate phone calls during the day (Call me at 3 in the morning if that suits you! Smiley Very Happy). If none of the four refuse to send an internet quote, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Smiley Sad

Maybe I'll just use the car buying service. 

How did you make out? 

Message 17 of 20
minski
Established Contributor

@BellaLina

Thanks for inquiring. I'm still working on it. I sent a request for a quote to three more dealerships, one of which is through Alliant's car buying service. My father got a quote from one dealership which he thinks is fair but it (and he) pushes me into accepting financing from the dealership at a higher APR than what Alliant has offered me. I could potentially pay off the loan sooner once I get a better paying job and situation (without penalty? I don't know) and limit how much the dealership can milk from me but I HATE being pushed into something or backed into a corner. 

At this point, I'm thinking how nice it would be to never buy another car again. Smiley Very Happy

Edit: I emailed 7 more dealerships this morning. Still no quote. Smiley Mad

Message 18 of 20
minski
Established Contributor

Got a fairly detailed quote! I was danged impressed. But not so much with the quoted price. Smiley Sad 

Message 19 of 20
minski
Established Contributor

So my dad decided we were going to visit a dealership or two. I ended up buying a car. Partial down payment on my Blispay since they don't take personal checks. Thank goodness Blispay doesn't report because it's got to be about 60% util
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.