Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will a BK slow my roll? (pun intended)

tag
FICOtistical

Will a BK slow my roll? (pun intended)

Hi all,

Will be looking to purchase a car soon, and am wondering if my BK discharged in December 2011 will be a problem if i have a score which would otherwise qualify me for a decent rate. All auto loans on my reports are paid in full on time. My experian score is now 684, just paid down some CC's and hoping that gives it a boost too. Thanks!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Will a BK slow my roll? (pun intended)

Sounds like you should be OK off of the info you have given.  

Message 2 of 5
FICOtistical

Thanks. Btw, 684 is actually my equifax score, not Experian.

Message 3 of 5
somotao
Frequent Contributor

I think you will be fine. A lot of the big lenders (Toyota, Nissan, Ford, etc) all have the ability to finance those with BK. I was recently approved by Lexus financial services my BK is 2.5 years old. Good Luck and keep us posted.

Starting Score: 500s
Current Score: EQ: 708myFICO(7/15/17), TU: 721myFICO(7/15/17), EX: 701myFICO(7/15/17)
Goal Score: 750

Wallet: Discover IT $50300, Capital One Platinum $17000, Barclays Rewards $6700, Walmart $6000, Amazon Store Card $6000 Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000, Chase Sapphire Reserve $10000, Bank of America Cash Rewards $500. BestBuy $10000
Message 4 of 5
FICOtistical

Oh okay, that's good to know! I will definitely report back after I've made a move.

Thanks!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.