Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withdrawn NFCU Auto Loan

tag
OneDay_750
Frequent Contributor

Withdrawn NFCU Auto Loan

I'm 2 for 3 batting with NFCU.  After my recent approvals for NFCU cashRewards and NavCheck, Friday night I decided to App for an auto loan with them.  I've been wanting to refinance my Wells Fargo, 14.90% loan and figured a credit union would offer me something competitive. After submitting the application, I did not get an immediate decision.  Next morning I received a text saying that the loan was still under review and asking me to call for additional information.

When I called, I was surprised to hear that NFCU was offering me 16% for a 4-year loan.  Of course, I withdrew the loan request and will try again later.  My goal is to lower my $540 car payment by $150-200 or refi at ~10%.

I'd appreciate any advice from anyone here with experience with NFCU car loans.

CURRENT SCORES: EQ: 628 (12/14/14); TU: 628 (12/10/14); EX: 636 (12/13/14)--All myFICO
STARTING myFICO EQ SCORE:: 507 (11/2013); GOAL SCORE: 700--(All CRAs); GARDENING SINCE: 10/5/14
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Re: Withdrawn NFCU Auto Loan

What's NADA Retail on your car and how much do you currently owe on it?

Honestly, NFCU is just one financial institution. No need to be hung up on them. You could try maybe a local CU/bank?

Message 2 of 4
OneDay_750
Frequent Contributor

@Remember0 wrote:

What's NADA Retail on your car and how much do you currently owe on it?

Honestly, NFCU is just one financial institution. No need to be hung up on them. You could try maybe a local CU/bank?

The NADA listed retail price is $21,825.  My loan app was for $20K payable over 48 months.

CURRENT SCORES: EQ: 628 (12/14/14); TU: 628 (12/10/14); EX: 636 (12/13/14)--All myFICO
STARTING myFICO EQ SCORE:: 507 (11/2013); GOAL SCORE: 700--(All CRAs); GARDENING SINCE: 10/5/14
Message 3 of 4
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Yeah, that shouldn't be an issue. Look at other lenders. Cap One maybe?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.