cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Woo! Instantly Approved for BoA low rate (and recon'd to best!)

tag
BlueHusky
Contributor

Woo! Instantly Approved for BoA low rate (and recon'd to best!)

So excited, trying to buy a car (first time buyer) and I've been doing a lot of research trying to find the best place for a 72 month loan. Applied with US Bank and was rejected as a first time buyer, and a credit union offered me Tier 2 of 4.2%. Decided to bite the bullet and try BoA as a last ditch effort, and was just instantly approved online at 2.6% for 72 months! They called me to verify and I said I would rather have the best advertised rate after seeing my Equifax score they pulled (774). She said no problem and lowered it to 2.39. Approved for $25,000, but she said I could go over if I want (unlikely).

Yay!

Starting Score: 583 (CreditKarma, 2009)
Current Score: 783 (Walmart Free FICO, March 20, 2012), 774 (Equifax, BoA Pull, 2/20/13)
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: Woo! Instantly Approved for BoA low rate (and recon'd to best!)

Very nice, Congrats! Great score too! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 9
BlueHusky
Contributor

Re: Woo! Instantly Approved for BoA 72 month

My bad, the rate is actually 2.09% SWEET

Current Score: 783 (Walmart Free FICO, March 20, 2012), 774 (Equifax, BoA Pull, 2/20/13)

Message 3 of 9
nate4l1f3

Congrats! i will be there one day Smiley Happy 

It's none of my buisnees but is your income over 40k? i ask because i'm curious to known how they figure the amount of loan, i want to have a good idea once i'm ready.  Unfourtunaetly at theis point i'm only around 35k

Message 4 of 9
BlueHusky
Contributor

Yeah I'm over 40K, but I've seen people approved for similar amounts to mine with lower incomes. I'm not sure how income is figured into it.

Message 5 of 9
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

@BlueHusky wrote:

Yeah I'm over 40K, but I've seen people approved for similar amounts to mine with lower incomes. I'm not sure how income is figured into it.

Income is figured into your debt to income ratio. Lets say Sally makes $90K/annually butt her debts are extremely high so she has no disposable income to take on a new car payment. Or Bob who makes $30K but has no debts, lenders will favor him over Sally. Hope this helps. 

Message 6 of 9
BlueHusky
Contributor

@SamsungHDTV wrote:

@BlueHusky wrote:

Income is figured into your debt to income ratio. Lets say Sally makes $90K/annually butt her debts are extremely high so she has no disposable income to take on a new car payment. Or Bob who makes $30K but has no debts, lenders will favor him over Sally. Hope this helps. 

Thanks! So I make 50K per year and debts are $500 per month if that helps.

Message 7 of 9
nate4l1f3

great knowlege guys, thanks!

Message 8 of 9
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the great rate!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.