Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with RateGenius

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Working with RateGenius

Financed a car in February of 2016 for my Mom who was without a car. I got stuck with a 13.99 at the dealer, but when they actually found ALLY (my lender) my APR was actually 11.33. My scores have risen by almost 80 points each across all bureaus over the span of a year and I thought about a refi. I tried CAP 1 but they wouldn't touch my loan because it was upside down, so I took a chance with RateGenius. I now know they're a broker to pair you with credit unions. I submitted my application and I got a hard pull from American First Credit Union. The RateGenius CSR called me the next day letting me know I was approved for 3.49 for the same length of 60 months. I filled out my contract today and will be receiving a call when they receive it tomorrow. All they asked for was 2 paystubs, license, insurance information, and a check to open an account with the credit union. Has anyone ever heard of this website? Has anyone heard or used this American First Credit Union?

I'll update this when my deal is final just incase I'm the guinea pig. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Working with RateGenius

Congrats, never heard of them but there are many great credit unions out there, happy you were able to get a solid APR, that will save you a ton over the life of the loan.  

Message 2 of 3
sarge12
Senior Contributor

Re: Working with RateGenius

@Anonymous wrote:

Financed a car in February of 2016 for my Mom who was without a car. I got stuck with a 13.99 at the dealer, but when they actually found ALLY (my lender) my APR was actually 11.33. My scores have risen by almost 80 points each across all bureaus over the span of a year and I thought about a refi. I tried CAP 1 but they wouldn't touch my loan because it was upside down, so I took a chance with RateGenius. I now know they're a broker to pair you with credit unions. I submitted my application and I got a hard pull from American First Credit Union. The RateGenius CSR called me the next day letting me know I was approved for 3.49 for the same length of 60 months. I filled out my contract today and will be receiving a call when they receive it tomorrow. All they asked for was 2 paystubs, license, insurance information, and a check to open an account with the credit union. Has anyone ever heard of this website? Has anyone heard or used this American First Credit Union?

I'll update this when my deal is final just incase I'm the guinea pig. 

Last year I financed a 1 year old vehicle at my local credit union at 1.75% APR with 100% financing. I love credit unions.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.