Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worried about being approved with DCU

tag
goodguy14

Worried about being approved with DCU

Hi guys,

so I'm planning on applying to DCU next week for a car loan. I'm really concerned becuase of the following:

My friend obtained a loan from DCU last year and he mentioned when he applied, DCU contacted his employer the following day to verify employment. With that being said, I work for a small school distirict and everyone will be off during spring break next week. My concern is that when I apply and DCU calls my employer, no one will answer the phone. Should I just wait after HR department returns from break? This is my first car loan so not sure what to expect... I really don't want to screw my chances up.   

btw, I have my check stubs, W2's in hand... 

what do you guys think?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
aubie1kenobie2
Frequent Contributor

Re: Worried about being approved with DCU

I got approved for DCU early this month and I did send my pay slips from the last 2 months to them, with the most recent one being a few days before the date of the email. I don't recall ever providing a work phone number to them. I did the loan application by phone and answered all their questions right then, and got approved after we went through their whole process (it was a lengthy phone conversation -- 30-40 mins). She only put me on hold for a brief moment (I guess to pull my credit report) and I doubt she would have called my place of work at that point. I complied with the request for the pay slips and sent them after we hung up and the next day, I saw that the credit card (which I also got approved for) was already in my bank login. I would try applying by phone, that way if they have questions, you can answer them right away! Good luck!

Starting Score: No credit history in July 2013, 663 in August (lender pulled)
Current Score: 773 (Discover FICO), 749 (DCU EQ)
Ultimate goal: Buy a house in 2016!
Message 2 of 3
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Re: Worried about being approved with DCU

If you have paystubs + W2s, don't worry about it. If they call and say they couldn't reach, just tell them why. You'll be fine!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.