cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would I get approved for new loan 4 months after opening one?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would I get approved for new loan 4 months after opening one?

Hello! So I bought a car in February (2015 Nissan Versa S+, financed $14k) and financed it through my local credit union at 3% APR, first time car buyer. (But I have credit history)

It's 4 months later and my fiance and I are looking to sell it and get a different car. We have someone coming to look tomorrow, and would do a payoff at the Credit Union to pay and close the loan.

How likely is it that we'll get approved again for another loan (around same amount) 4 months after opening one? Since we "paid off" the first one?

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: Would I get approved for new loan 4 months after opening one?

They won't penalize you for getting another loan so quickly unless your scores have fallen due to the last loan.  They are in the business to loan money and once your old loan is paid off they need to reinvest that money.  Better with you, someone with a relationship, that an unknown party.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Would I get approved for new loan 4 months after opening one?

My scores have fallen about 10 points since then (from inquiries and new account balances, no late payments or anything negative)

but they're still all around 720-730.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.