Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrote a check for down payment- *UPDATE* cashed- Had to send paystub

tag
alexak
Regular Contributor

Wrote a check for down payment- *UPDATE* cashed- Had to send paystub

Hello,

I bought a 2011 Honda Accord last weekend and wrote a check for my down payment for $7900, signed all my paperwork and drove off in my new car. I checked my account today and the check still hasn't been cashed. Should I be worried?

Thanks.

**UPDATE** So a few days after I wrote this, got a call from the dealer saying they needed a paystub to get the loan funded. So, thinking nothing of it, scanned over a copy of my most current paystub. The day after I checked my checking account, and the check was cashed. Im assuming everything is OK. Still havent received loan doccuments (loan through Wells Fargo) or DMV documents in the mail (I know-- the DMV takes their sweet time with everything).  Should I be worried? Ive never financed a car before, so Im not sure how long everything takes!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Wrote a check for down payment- still not cashed

@alexak wrote:
Hello,

I bought a 2011 Honda Accord last weekend and wrote a check for my down payment for $7900, signed all my paperwork and drove off in my new car. I checked my account today and the check still hasn't been cashed. Should I be worried?

Thanks.

nah, could take a month!

Message 2 of 4
alexak
Regular Contributor

Wow really? Had I known that I would have brought cash! I just didn't want to have almost $8k in cash on me!
Message 3 of 4
alexak
Regular Contributor

**Updated** see original post!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.