Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yep, NFCU rocks!

tag
Affalterbach
Established Member

Yep, NFCU rocks!

After years of having my credit screwed up from medical bills from an on the job injury that should have been paid for by my old boss I can finally get credit easily and at a fantastic rate! 

I applied to NFCU late on Wednesday evening last week and they pulled my TransUnion on Saturday and aproved me at some point since then for an account. I called today, Tuesday late morning and they confirmed I was aproved and they opened my savings account which was curently at -$5 (fee) and I asked if I could apply for an auto loan. I get transfered and a few basic Q's and I'm instantly approved for $25,000 on a used car for 60 months at 2.99%. Said I can immediatly ask for a recon up to $30,000 if I wanted. I really only needed low 20's so I stuck with the 25,000 limit.  

Transunion was a 749 when they pulled it Saturday. I hear they pull Equifax for loans which is currently 767 for me but I have not recieved an alert that my credit has been pulled again yet? Maybe the alert hasn't shown yet, or they will run it again when I actually make a purchase and the check is used? I'll update as it progresses for those that may be curious in the future. 

Income is $51,000 yearly plus just under $15,000 in rental property income and employed 15 years with the same company and I own my home outright. They did not ask for any paperwork to verify anything still which I am a lil shocked by. 

Shopping for an 05/06/07 model year vehicle and I'm not sure if anyone else can touch this rate for a used car of this age. I have a few options I may try as it shouldn't hurt my credit to try a few more places. I will also have the dealer see if they can beat it but I want to build  relationship with NFCU so they'd have to get a notably lower rate which I kinda doubt they'll be able to find?

Thanks to all here, your advice helped me get here, an easily approved loan witha  quick phone call. Crazy! lol

Started - Under 500's due to medical bills
Current - EQ MYFICO - 767, TU WalMart Fico - 779, EX Plus - 744 Credit Karma - 709
Goal - 800+ across the board
NFCU Cash Rewards $20,000Chase Freedom $2,000, Capital One Platinum $1,500, Walmart Store Card $3,600, AMEX Green Card.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Re: Yep, NFCU rocks!

Congrats on the great rate! 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.