Valued Member

You think I'd get approved?

This is my situation:

Experian FICO Of 610

My Current Truck:

Trade In Value:$21k

Owe:$10K

Positive Equity Of $11K.

The truck i'm interested in has an asking price of $26k, do you think i could get approved for a loan with $11,000 in equity to use as a down payment?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: You think I'd get approved?

What do your other auto loans look like, specifically are there any lates on any of your auto loans (even the closed ones?) I ask because most auto financers use an auto-adjusted FICO score, which weighs your previous auto loans more heavily than normal FICOs. If you have lates or repos, it will obviously be worse than 610. However, if all of your auto payments have always been on-time, it should (in theory) be higher, by many points (in my case around 25 or so).

With your trade-in, I would think you'd be in pretty good shape, assuming income, etc.

EDIT: Of course, it's always a good idea to simply keep the vehicle you have and pay it off Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
cumminsdieselfreak
Valued Member

I've had 2 previous auto loans before this current one of $28,800, 1 for $7500 and 1 for $20,500, i have NEVER been late one time with any of them

My biggest question is, will the $11,000 of positive equity make a huge difference as if i were paying cash down?.

Message 3 of 5
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Yes, the larger the down payment, the less risk to the lender, so the lower the interest rate usually is.

That being said, with a 610 FICO you are very unlikely to get the best rate offered. That is extremely low.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may  not get the best rates, but I would be shocked if you aren't approved.  I also would think you should get a decent rate, not double digits, just a guess though.  Your trade-in will give you an $11,000 down payment which is more than 30%, that will help a lot.  Combine that with your great auto history, and you should be fine for an approval, just don't expect a super low interest rate.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.