cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any experience with requesting two vehicle loans after a new mortgage?

tag
ChangiBear
New Contributor

any experience with requesting two vehicle loans after a new mortgage?

I'm closing on a house on Tuesday, after which time I will be apply for financing for a motorcycle (for Hubby) and a car (for me).  We will be able to afford the new mortgage payment, plus the two new vehicle payments.  I currently have one other vehicle payment, which will bring me to having a total of three vehicle payments.  In the recent past, I have had three vehicle payments at a time, so I am hoping that this will not be an issue.  I have no derrogatories on my credit report, FICOs between 745-770 as pulled by my mortgage lender in the past month, and a combined income of $150,000 yearly.  

Hubby already has his motorcycle picked out and a has a deal worked out at the Harley Davidson dealer.  I have my search narrowed down between two specific cars at two different dealers, one is at CarMax and the other at a BMW dealer.  

My question is, does any one here have experience with Harley Davidson, CarMax, or BMW financing with regards to getting two new loans at the same time, plus having just added a new mortgage.  I have financed with BMW Financial Services recently (the car is now paid off), and I have heard that BMWFS are loyal to past clients, so I am hoping to not have any issues when it comes to them if I decide to chose the car at the BMW dealer. 

I know my situation is very specific, but hopefully someone will chime in or have some input for me. 

Thank you, 

CB

Cleared to Close on 9/9/13!
Closing on 9/17/13

8/31/12 FICO 733 (lender pulled)
1/7/13 Transunion 718, Equifax 710 (MyFico)
2/20/13 Equifax 729
8/13/13 Ex 751, Eq 766, TU 741 (all lender pulls)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: any experience with requesting two vehicle loans after a new mortgage?

@ChangiBear wrote:

I'm closing on a house on Tuesday, after which time I will be apply for financing for a motorcycle (for Hubby) and a car (for me).  We will be able to afford the new mortgage payment, plus the two new vehicle payments.  I currently have one other vehicle payment, which will bring me to having a total of three vehicle payments.  In the recent past, I have had three vehicle payments at a time, so I am hoping that this will not be an issue.  I have no derrogatories on my credit report, FICOs between 745-770 as pulled by my mortgage lender in the past month, and a combined income of $150,000 yearly.  

Hubby already has his motorcycle picked out and a has a deal worked out at the Harley Davidson dealer.  I have my search narrowed down between two specific cars at two different dealers, one is at CarMax and the other at a BMW dealer.  

My question is, does any one here have experience with Harley Davidson, CarMax, or BMW financing with regards to getting two new loans at the same time, plus having just added a new mortgage.  I have financed with BMW Financial Services recently (the car is now paid off), and I have heard that BMWFS are loyal to past clients, so I am hoping to not have any issues when it comes to them if I decide to chose the car at the BMW dealer. 

I know my situation is very specific, but hopefully someone will chime in or have some input for me. 

Thank you, 

CB

Sounds like you are getting in over your head. What does that bring your DTI to? 150k goes pretty quick. 2 new car payments and a new mortgage plus an exsisiting auto loan is a bit extreme. 

Do you have a large emergency fund saved up?

I would suggest waiting a few months to see how you handle the new home. Work on getting the first auto loan paid off, and once in good equity look at adding on the second auto loan. Then save up cash to buy a used motorycycle.

If you do not want to listen to this advice. Simply put, you would be approved if your DTI still comes in under the dealers threshold. Likely around 40%.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 2 of 7
Kratos-TM
Frequent Contributor

I've done this before. I was approved for all 3 no problem. I would have told you to do the bmw first because it'll be easier to get a motorcycle loan last, but since you already have a repuation with bmw, I guess you could go either way.

Myfico scores.....
EX... 805 (11-10-13)
EQ... 810 (12-02-13)
TU... 810 (12-02-13)
Message 3 of 7
ChangiBear
New Contributor

Thanks for the input. I guess I'll see how it goes on Tuesday after closing. :-)
Closing on 9/17/13

2/20/13 Equifax 729
Message 4 of 7
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@ChangiBear wrote:
Thanks for the input. I guess I'll see how it goes on Tuesday after closing. :-)

Best of luck to you at closing!

Enjoy the new home Smiley Happy

Try to give it some time before making other large purchases. You may find money is tight for awhile getting the new home situated.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 5 of 7
ChangiBear
New Contributor

Thank you, I will consider it. Indefinitely don't want to make the wrong decision. :-)
Closing on 9/17/13

2/20/13 Equifax 729
Message 6 of 7
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@ChangiBear wrote:
Thank you, I will consider it. Indefinitely don't want to make the wrong decision. :-)

I guess it depends how much you had to spend on a home.

If you are in a market like I am (San Francisco) and you had to fully exhaust your budget by dumping a million dollars into a little condo. Then you may be a little stretched. If you only had to spend a few hundred thousand on a home, then you likely have some income left.

In any case being able to make extra payments on your debt and living well within your means is the best way to go...

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.