cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

approval

tag
rich092201

approval

Hey if I have an approval through ally auto at one dealership can I go to a different dealership and can they find that approval to use at their dealership
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: approval

No they will not be able to transfer the approval because it is going to be tied to a specific vehicle. They will need to rerun a credit application with the vehicle information at the next dealership. But the approval should at least signal that financing would be available. I would bear in mind whatever interest rate you were offered on the first loan and don't let another dealer tell you that you need to pay significantly more unless the first one was a specific promotion through the manufacturer. Ally is the old GMAC financing so just because GM may have 0.9% special doesn't mean that Ford or Hyundai will match it for example.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.