Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto inquiries not counting as 1!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: auto inquiries not counting as 1!

We purchased a truck recently with the same experience.  We had our own financing going in... but the truck was going to be a little more than what we had originally decided on.  We told them to go ahead and run us with no more than 3 lenders.  That's what he said he did... but a few days later when I checked - he had run us all over.  Both of us gained 10+ inquiries a peice - knocking our chances of any other credit applications for anything else during the next year out of the water.  Some of them are labeled Auto Financing, or Credit Unions, or Auto Dealers, New, or Bank, etc.

We called the dealership and they simply stated that after we signed the paper allowing them to run us.... they could run it wherever they wanted.  What a joke.   Oh well, you live and learn!!  Smiley Frustrated

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: auto inquiries not counting as 1!

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but OP, were you receiving the notification of the inquiries the same day or the next day? I'm asking because I've received 6 notifications of new inquiries on my EX and EQ, but my scores haven't dropped and I'm wondering if my scores will drop afterwards.

Thanks.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.