Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto loan early pay off

tag
SSH0126
Established Contributor

auto loan early pay off

So I purchased a vehicle in Feb 10. I have had 3 lates..and will be paying the car off in December. So I will basically have the car financed for 24 mos and late three times before paying it off. Would I have this loan long enough to show that I have ok paying history? I had emergency issues and thats why payment was late. I really just want to pay the car to get rid of the note and help my credit score although I know the three lates was not helping before anyone adds that

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: auto loan early pay off

You might want to try to sweet talk your lender into removing the late payments as a good faith that you are current now.

Message 2 of 9
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Before I actually pay the entire balance this yr?

Message 3 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

yes and if they won't work with you now then I would try again after it's paid off also.

Message 4 of 9
SSH0126
Established Contributor

How many months after the lates should I ask and should I do it in writing or just via phone...

My lender has a call center...

Message 5 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would say at least 6... What lender were you late with, someone my have personal experience working with them

Message 6 of 9
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Santander Consumer Usa

Message 7 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@SSH0126 wrote:

Santander Consumer Usa

oh I have them too... If you can get a hold of someone that understands and has the power to submit info to the credit reports they might be willing to work with you... it's just a matter of getting transferred to the right person... wish I had better info of who to call for you.

Message 8 of 9
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Great thanks so much for asking. It has not been quite 6mos but I will be paying this car off late this yr.

I pay to send checks to them to pay on the principal with put all towards principal in the memo. How can I be sure that they actually do this?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.