Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto loan financing with 515

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

auto loan financing with 515

can I get a used car loan with a score of 515 my wife and I make over 60 k to tether and have a total of 4000 debt and were can I get the loan
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: auto loan financing with 515

It's possible, however you might not get the vehicle you want and certainly not the terms you want.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: auto loan financing with 515

@Anonymous wrote:
can I get a used car loan with a score of 515 my wife and I make over 60 k to tether and have a total of 4000 debt and were can I get the loan

Welcome to the forums!

Subprime auto financing isn't about your FICO score, but rather how much of a downpayment you can bring to the table.  For most lenders that's around 20% of the total car amount, and in some cases 30% is needed.

When you get ready to try financing, both dealers and also perhaps something like Lendingtree will have options available.  Assuming one has a sufficient downpayment, virtually anyone can get an auto loan, but it could well be an ugly interest rate.  On the plus side, you can refinance the rate down after six months or thereabouts as usually if you keep things clean, you'll be in a better spot at that point FICO wise.

I would suggest looking around in the rebuilding forums, and see what you can do on your credit report to help clean it up, but finding this place is a most excellent start in that regard.

        
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.