Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

back from the dead

tag
babbles
Established Contributor

back from the dead

Honda financial reported  my account paid in full in April.  The lease was turned in early (March)  and I still had "4"  payments remaining at the time.  They reported this to all 3 files as paid in full zero balance.

Since I still had these payments remaining, I intended and still was paying them monthly.  Got a call last week from Honda Financial saying that the account is past due by $1900 (the balance remaining), worked out to keep paying monthly.   Now I just got an alert from equifax saying that they (Honda Fin) have now made a remark to the "closed account", paid full termination not more than 31-60 past due  Hadn't missed a payment in 32 months.  

Since the comment is made as an alert and the account is closed, WILL that remark affect my score?

I checked my report this morning and I didn't see a derogatory remark against the overall account.  

Can remarks against a closed account rise from the dead and affect you in anyway?

Oh by the way, since i seen that remark i paid the balance in full !  Smiley Happy   

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.