cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I get a car loan with chapter 7 filed almost 2 years?

tag
kenshin03

can I get a car loan with chapter 7 filed almost 2 years?

I wanna get a car loan maybe next year just wonder if I can get approve.just file chapter 7 almost 2 yrs ago never had auto loan,right now I have 2 credit card.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: can I get a car loan with chapter 7 filed almost 2 years?

There are several lenders who approve credit with bks. If you are eligible to join a CU, I would do that; their credit lending tends to be more lenient and the terms would be better.
Message 2 of 6
kenshin03

Thanks for the responsed!  credit union is stand for CU right?

Message 3 of 6
jackg
Established Contributor

I wanna get a car loan maybe next year just wonder if I can get approve.just file chapter 7 almost 2 yrs ago never had auto loan,right now I have 2 credit card.

It can be done and your best bet is a credit union. The largest is Navy Federal Credit Unuion (NFCU) and if you have an active duty or veteran in your family you would qualify to join. Just remember that your interest rate will be impacted by your credit history so if you haven't already pulled your FICO scores & reports I suggest you do so now so that you know what you have to deal with.

Good Luck

FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remember, car loans are secured loans so a lendor is more flexible on lending standards. The lower scores will pay higher interest rates but, likely can still obtain a vehicle loan.
Message 5 of 6
kenshin03

Thanks for all the responsed!!!sorry Its been a while..

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.