cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can an application for a re-fi hurt your credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

can an application for a re-fi hurt your credit?

my daughter's looking into re-financing her car. her score's a little over 700, but she only makes about 700 a month. i helped co-sign her on her current loan which started in march, and received an interest of 15%. im afraid she won't get approved for a refinance on her own with credit union because of her low income and was wondering how much that will hurt her credit. i've been recently informed that with my score of 590, serving as a co-signer would not help the situation.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: can an application for a re-fi hurt your credit?

Yes it will ding her scores and yours if you co sign. Unless you refi with the same lender and they do a soft pull.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inquiries...normally don't ding that hard...try to apply for all loans...with that 14 days timeframe...and they will count/affect you as 1 inquiry would....
Message 3 of 4
nathan
Frequent Contributor

Thinking about inq is useless if you save lots of $$ by ref the car. 15% apr is a killer rate and getting a little ding in your fico for trying to ref should be the least of your consideration.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.