cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i trade spouse's truck for a new car w/o his name on new car ?

tag
kittywitty
Contributor

can i trade spouse's truck for a new car w/o his name on new car ?

my husband owe's $24,500 on a 2013 dodge ram. interest is 8% simple interest and he has 4 yrs left to pay. orginal price was $33,550.00 with $30,800.00 financed. his payments are $535 which is not really affordable so my car was totalled and i need another one. so if i could trade his in and put down lots of cash, finance through my credit union and buy a much cheaper car  we would end up with a cheap payment. he wants to just pay cash for a car and be done with his payments. i want a reliable car and would rather pay a payment to ensure safety. we can't really afford 2 payments with his monster payments. other option would be to make a large payment towards his principal and try to pay it off sooner and  cross my fingers my 2002 pt cruiser doesn't break down in the mean time or he doesn't divorce me. lol any thoughts on what we should do?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

Re: can i trade spouse's truck for a new car w/o his name on new car ?

We traded my wife's car in for my truck last year. Both our names were on her car loan, but only mine is in truck loan. She just had to sign a few papers for the trade.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: can i trade spouse's truck for a new car w/o his name on new car ?

Short answer.  Yes.  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.