Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

car loan interest rate question...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

car loan interest rate question...

I recently purchased a used car at 6.75% interest.  Is this a good interest rate?  Would it be useful to refinance it at a later date to lower the interest rate?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
paydownin09
Established Member

Re: car loan interest rate question...

Last year I was able to negotiate my rate down from 12.5 to 9.4 with my score at 650 when I purchased my used Accord.  I would say the 6.75 is pretty good for a used car (usually higher rates then inf purchasing new)
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

if concerned check some local banks online and see what rates they offer and see how you compare.

Can you find lower, YES.

Would you qualify? Who knows.

How much lower could you have gotten? I would say 3.9% is the lowest I have seen, so you are at a desirable margin.

Its not a new car.

Used cars traditionally have higher interest rates than new.

Realistically you got a darn good rate and should be happy with it. Even if you have Bill Gates credit you should be happy.

Message 3 of 4
Romeoo47
Regular Contributor

I agree with usmc58555.  I purchased my car in early 2007 at a rate of 6.79.  I refinanced a year later at 3.49% from my local credit union after talking the loan officer from 4.75 (and paying off all my negative equity).  I hope this helps.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.