???car loan

xoxo

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BAD< BAD CREDIT

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 527, 514, and 497. I've been using the average of 505 as my score, I assume that would be my score ...would I be right (auto loan)? I commute 192 miles daily M-F and I drive 2000 VW with 201K. I'm looking to finance new/used car before my car breaks down.

Welcome to the forums.

May I will ask where you got your scores? No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only. You can only buy true FICO scores at a few places. One place is here at myFICO. I suggest you do an internet search for "myfico discount codes" to save a little money. You can also purchase your Transunion score at www.transunioncs.com. At www.equifax.com EQ will still sell you a FICO score but they make it very hard to find.

The scores you posted may not be relevant at all depending on where you got them. Many sites will sell you "credit scores" but most lenders use FICO scores in their evaluation of a credit application.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 2 of 7
poet
Regular Contributor

I just bought my (purported? FAKO?) score along with my EX report. In my case, the score splits the difference of my EQ and TU that I bought here, and the account info is correct, so I assume it's pretty accurate.

Starting Score: 550
Current Score: 673 EQ, 681 TU, 650 EX
Goal Score: 720

Update April 1: TU 615/EQ624
Update June 28: TU 641/EQ 626
Update Sept 21: TU 681, EQ 673, EX 650 (FAKO)
I FINALLY got that car at the rate I wanted! Thanks, FICO Forums!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

The EX is a FAKO, and the other two are FICO's.

Your scores aren't averaged for a car loan. They just use whichever score goes with whichever report they pull. You may be thinking of a mortgage, but even then, they don't average the scores; they just go with the middle one, whichever it might be.

On your EQ and TU score reports, on screen two that lists the negatives over on the left, is there anything that you can fix before applying? If revolving util is first or second, and you can pay down/ off some cards before they report again, that should help the scores.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I won't be paying anything off or paying down. I don't even have credit card anymore to help improve my score. I owe about 18k between USAA, AHF, and DOD...Will I pay these accounts off? NO, I wasted enough money fighting them and I plan to wait out two years before they are due for removal.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The TU and EQ are from myfico.com the third one i have no clue what it is

Message 6 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

The TU and EQ are from myfico.com the third one i have no clue what it is

At least you know two of the scores are accurate.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.