Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

citi sold my auto loan to santander

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

citi sold my auto loan to santander

does this mean that I'm going to end up with a new trade line on my CR or will the current TL just be changed from Citi to Santander?  I am going to be heated if I end up getting dinged with a brand new account because of this.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
eparker
Frequent Contributor

Re: citi sold my auto loan to santander

Man....Santander is popping up everywhere.  I had a loan with HSBC and I guess it was sold to Santander.  Some weird stuff happened during this process, Santander showed my account as new, paid off, and a 30 day late.  But I still owed on my car (GO FIGURE).  I thought someone had paid my car off for me Smiley Happy.  Then another tradeline popped up as HCBC/SCUSA showing "paid as agreed." 

Had to call them because two accounts were showing for same account, and one was showing a 30 day late, and closed.  I had never been late.  The rep researched my account and stated that my account has never showed a late payment.  She told me to dispute the other account listed under their name which was paid in full, and closed. 

I hope I'm not confusing you.  Long story short, they showed two accounts for the same loan.  One is reporting positive, while the other one reports negative.  I will see if they delete the negative item.

Starting Score: Mid 500's
EQ-701 TU-693 EXP-698
Goal Score:750+

NavChek $15,000/NFCU nRewards Visa $12,000/American Express Rewards Gold NPSL/USAA Rewards World Mastercard $7000/USAA Visa Platinum $7000/Barclay $3900/Credit Union Visa $5000/Jareds $7600/BofA Visa $4000/USAA MC $1500/Walmart $1200//Amazon $1000/Discover Card $750/Cap1 $2250.

the FICO Fitness Challenge
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

that's scary.  So is the TL that is not the incorrect one showing as a new account?   I really don't want any new accounts right now and am  going to be royally pissed if that's what happens when this sort of thing happens.  

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It should just change lenders, but your terms should stay the same... And they are popping up everywhere. They just bought up all the HSBC auto loans too.

Message 4 of 6
marie1981
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

It should just change lenders, but your terms should stay the same... And they are popping up everywhere. They just bought up all the HSBC auto loans too.

My HSBC auto loan was sold to Santander. There was a new tradeline opened that states HSBC/SCUSA. It lists the same data, but starts from the date of conversion, I think it has 3-2010, instead of 5-2008 when I opened the original loan. The HSBC account  shows 0, paid, due to transfer. Everything is the same, terms, payment amt, etc.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

so if you had a repo with citi and now that Santander has bought it, does that mean they could sue you if there was a deficiency balance?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.