Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cosigner

tag
ls6fd611
New Visitor

cosigner

I am applying for a car loan and my credit is poor. My step brother has excellent credit but the salesman said he can't cosign for me because be are the same age and that the bank would be looking for an older authority figure. We are both 35 years old. Can someone explain to me why our closeness in age is a problem?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: cosigner

Welcome to the forum. Applicants age would have nothing to do with approval. FICO scores do not take an applicants age into consideration. Sounds like your salesman is just that a salesman. I would suggest you speaking directly to the finance mgr or better yet getting pre-approved through your CU, dealer or bank. You can always apply online with your co signer and bring in your pre-approval. It cuts down on the endless inquiries and possible back end rates your salesman would receive.
Message 2 of 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: cosigner

what a stupid thing to say by the salesman... go over him and sugessted or find another dealership that won't play games with you.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.