Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

could it happen?

tag
coroc
Valued Member

could it happen?

Is there anybody that ever had such a high credit score u didnt have to show a paystub for a car loan? Or could it happen?
On my way! $FG
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
rbtextreme
New Contributor

Re: could it happen?

It happens all the time. I managed a motorcycle shop in Florida for years. Had a guy walk in and want 2 choppers ($100k), pulled credit and he had a high of 800, GE would allow me to auto approve him (or anyone above a 720) without them having to take a look at anything.
Message 2 of 12
ds3
Regular Contributor

I have financed 2 cars with VW Credit in the past 4 months with a score of 670, and never had to show a paystub or any other proof of income.

Message 3 of 12
BlueHusky
Contributor

I was instantly approved with BoA online a few days ago and the woman said all she needs to see is my purchase agreement...and this is even after I put in "1 month" with current employer and was approved for the lowest rate (2.09% for 72 months) at the full amount I asked for. My score is 774 according to their Equifax pull though.

Starting Score: 583 (CreditKarma, 2009)
Current Score: 783 (Walmart Free FICO, March 20, 2012), 774 (Equifax, BoA Pull, 2/20/13)
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 12
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

I financed a brand new Acura at 0.9% for 60 months with American Honda Finance last August.  At the Acura dealership, I was prepared to provide paystubs since I've never financed through Acura/Honda before.  I pulled them out of my purse to offer them and the finance guy told me they weren't needed.  He didn't even look at them.  They pulled an EQ score of 777.

I think if your score is high or if you have financed through that lender previously with no negative marks, chances are that they won't want to see proof of income.  But as always, YMMV.

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 5 of 12
Epcot
Valued Contributor

In my many vehicle purchases/leases I have not had to show any form of income. And my scores ranged from mid 600's to high 700's. Never asked for anything. I have financed through Capital One blank check and dealerships.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 6 of 12
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

I only make $23K / year and i didn't have to show any proof of income when i purchased my new car last month thru Hyundai with a 723 EX. 2 years prior when i tried to get a Corolla S they did want paystubs. I had high DTI and mid 600's score so maybe that was why.

Message 7 of 12
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I have NEVER had to provide a pay stub.

Message 8 of 12
indecison
Regular Contributor

I have bought many many cars. I have had to show a paystub one time. This was when I bought a car 4 weeks post BK 7 Discharge. All other deals I have not had to show any proof of anything.

Message 9 of 12
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Last 3 months of pays tubs with Dcu here.

Score mid 700s
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.