cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

currently have an AUTO loan with Wellsfargo Dealer Service but I just want a different company!!!

tag
vayub4
Regular Contributor

currently have an AUTO loan with Wellsfargo Dealer Service but I just want a different company!!!

I have a car loan with Wellsfargo at around 7% APR!!! Though I think that is a little high for my score level but I got the loan when my scores were lower due to high balance on one or two of my cards and another auto loan that i just paid off.... i still have high balance on two of my cards but that's because they are on 0% APR for another 12 months...

I have had this auto loand for about 7 months and was wondering if it is possible to refinance with another company say DCU..... I could use my local credit union but I usually dont have time during the week so I am looking for something I could do online without needing to go to the bank.

I am not switching banks because of the rates really, i am switching because Wellsfargo will not allow me pay more than my monthlies. They want to **bleep** me for the full interests over 5 years..... it only took me 15 months to pay off the first ever car I financed and I believe i can pay this one off within 3 years too now that I only have one car payments to make. And with CC companies offering 0% balance transfer checks all the time I want to be able to make use of that opportunity sometimes to pay off the car but wellsfargo will not let me. 

Does anyone think I can refinance even though the loand is not yet up to a year? Do I have a shot at DCU low rate refinance?

As for my scores, I only know My transunion score for sure and it is currently at 746 according to barclays..... my discover says it is at 736 but that is because their score is from 2 weeks ago and barclays is more recent.... 

Like I said before, I have no problem with the rate at 7%, I just hate a company that will not let me pay more than my monthlies. If i ever pay more than that, they will pay off what is due and hold the rest to pay for next month.... That should not be legal in my opinion and with my scores, I feel i deserve better than that.... Every opinion will be appreciated....

Btw, the other car I just paid off reports to only equifax, which has my score at 706 on creditkarma..... It has not been updated as paid off

Discover IT $25,500 Chase Freedom $14,500 CapOne QuickSilver $10,000 Walmart Mastercard $10,000 PayPal Xtras Mastercard $10,000 JCP $7,500 BOA Cash Rewards $6,900 OldNavy Visa $5,000 BarclayCard $3,700 Macys $3,500 HH Gregg $3,500 BestBuy $2,000 Last APP June/2016(useless rental apartment)Inquiries: Trans/7 Exp/16 Eqi/27
(1 Car Loan @2.74%)
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

Re: currently have an AUTO loan with Wellsfargo Dealer Service but I just want a different company!!

My scores are around 670-680 and I got approved with DCU for 2.74% (That includes a .5% discount on having my paycheck direct deposited into my DCU checking account)

With your scores you should be able to get the 1.99%  (or 2.49 without direct deposit)  at DCU.

Penfed as well adveritises auto loans as low as 1.49

With scores 730+ you can easily get better then 7%

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filed-September 2020 Discharged-December 2020
Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Capital One Auto Loan (Opened March 2021)
Capital One Cabela's $5000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
America First Credit Union Visa $1000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
Capital One SavorOne $5000 Limit (Opened September 2022)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Idaho Central Credit Union ICCU Visa $10,000 Limit (Opened April 2023)
Message 2 of 14
vayub4
Regular Contributor

Re: currently have an AUTO loan with Wellsfargo Dealer Service but I just want a different company!!

I put in application for penfed.... Currently pending, i hope they approve me.... The only bad things on my report are inquiries

Discover IT $25,500 Chase Freedom $14,500 CapOne QuickSilver $10,000 Walmart Mastercard $10,000 PayPal Xtras Mastercard $10,000 JCP $7,500 BOA Cash Rewards $6,900 OldNavy Visa $5,000 BarclayCard $3,700 Macys $3,500 HH Gregg $3,500 BestBuy $2,000 Last APP June/2016(useless rental apartment)Inquiries: Trans/7 Exp/16 Eqi/27
(1 Car Loan @2.74%)
Message 3 of 14
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

Good luck and let us know how it goes!
Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@vayub4 wrote:

I have a car loan with Wellsfargo at around 7% APR!!! Though I think that is a little high for my score level but I got the loan when my scores were lower due to high balance on one or two of my cards and another auto loan that i just paid off.... i still have high balance on two of my cards but that's because they are on 0% APR for another 12 months...

I have had this auto loand for about 7 months and was wondering if it is possible to refinance with another company say DCU..... I could use my local credit union but I usually dont have time during the week so I am looking for something I could do online without needing to go to the bank.

I am not switching banks because of the rates really, i am switching because Wellsfargo will not allow me pay more than my monthlies. They want to **bleep** me for the full interests over 5 years..... it only took me 15 months to pay off the first ever car I financed and I believe i can pay this one off within 3 years too now that I only have one car payments to make. And with CC companies offering 0% balance transfer checks all the time I want to be able to make use of that opportunity sometimes to pay off the car but wellsfargo will not let me. 

Does anyone think I can refinance even though the loand is not yet up to a year? Do I have a shot at DCU low rate refinance?

As for my scores, I only know My transunion score for sure and it is currently at 746 according to barclays..... my discover says it is at 736 but that is because their score is from 2 weeks ago and barclays is more recent.... 

Like I said before, I have no problem with the rate at 7%, I just hate a company that will not let me pay more than my monthlies. If i ever pay more than that, they will pay off what is due and hold the rest to pay for next month.... That should not be legal in my opinion and with my scores, I feel i deserve better than that.... Every opinion will be appreciated....

Btw, the other car I just paid off reports to only equifax, which has my score at 706 on creditkarma..... It has not been updated as paid off

I wanted to ask. 

1.  What is Wells Fargo doing that prevents you from paying more than the monthly payment?

2.  Your 7% loan.  Is that for a new or used car?

Message 5 of 14
vayub4
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@vayub4 wrote:

I wanted to ask. 

1.  What is Wells Fargo doing that prevents you from paying more than the monthly payment?

2.  Your 7% loan.  Is that for a new or used car?

Believe me it is for a new car....

And I have researched it online it looks like that's what Wellsfargo Dealership does.... They don't let people pay more than the monthlies.... you either pay the monthlies or pay off the balance at once.... If you ever pay more than what is due, they will save the rest and apply it towards next months payment!! I just can't stand that nonsense any more, hence the need to change banks ASAP!

(1 Car Loan @2.74%)
Message 6 of 14
vayub4
Regular Contributor

App with Penfed says Preparing to disburse.... Anyone know what that means?

(1 Car Loan @2.74%)
Message 7 of 14
vayub4
Regular Contributor

Penfed approved!!! Not only did I ditch useless wellsfargo devices, I went from 7% to 2.74%!!!!
(1 Car Loan @2.74%)
Message 8 of 14
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love PenFed they are awesome. You're HP is good for 60 or 90 days if you decide to try for another product (like a cc or personal loan).
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.