Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

denied auto refinance

tag
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Re: denied auto refinance

Ah okay, doesn't matter haha. Just be sure to keep util low and pay on time. Smiley Happy You should be good in 6 months. I'd maybe start w/ DCU if your provable gross (ie pre-tax) income is above 25k.

Message 31 of 39
lambo003
Contributor

Thanks explicitelicit ! Smiley Happy
Barclaycard Ring $5,000 | Discover It $2,000 | Bank of America Cash Back Rewards $1,500 | TeachersFCU $500
Message 32 of 39
lambo003
Contributor

That's the plan. But unfortunately my income won't be above $25k. Like I said earlier I'm going to be reducing my hours at work and I'm hoping my income won't have a huge effect (it probably will) on approval. So I'm applying to various places
Barclaycard Ring $5,000 | Discover It $2,000 | Bank of America Cash Back Rewards $1,500 | TeachersFCU $500
Message 33 of 39
Remember0
Valued Contributor

What's it going to look like pre-tax?

Message 34 of 39
lambo003
Contributor

Probably around $14.5-15k pre-tax. I think ill just stick it out until i refinance and then reduce my hours because I don't want that to be a reason why i cant refinance or they tell me i need a co-signer. If i stay working the current amount of hours im working i make about $22k pre-tax. 

Message 35 of 39
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Gotcha. Yeah, if you can do that, do it. 22k is much better than 15k from an auto finance perspective. Also if you want, I'd apply to DCU in like 3 months (August or maybe September if you can hold out)...you're new cards will have reported at least 2 months of history at that point (I think BofA would already be on your report...they're quick). That way you can cut your hours sooner after the refi. I don't think the waiting an extra 1 or 2 months is going to be make or break.

Message 36 of 39
lambo003
Contributor

I thought it would be best to wait until I made 12 payments and then have the additional cards in my profile? I wouldn't want to waste an inquiry if my chances of being approved aren't closed to 100%. If waiting those extra 2 months to apply is what i have to do to be pretty much guaranteed approval then that's what I'll do because this definitely isn't something I want to rush into and it not work out for me being impatient. 

Message 37 of 39
Remember0
Valued Contributor

I don't think it'll give you a 100% guarantee, but sure having 2 extra months might marginally help. If you can wait, go for it. Certainly you lose nothing by waiting the two months.

I was only mentioning that it probably won't be THAT big of a deal if you only wait till the 10 month mark if work is a serious burden.

So yes: 12 months is better than 10 months. But imo it's marginal...it could tip the difference between decline and approval, but I doubt it personally. Just do whatever you're most comfortable with...if work isn't that much of a burden sure wait till you have 12 payments in.

Message 38 of 39
lambo003
Contributor

Work isn't going to be that much of a burden on me which is why I wouldn't mind waiting the extra two months but I'll see what my scores look like around September and then make the decision to either wait the extra two months or if i will go for it in September. Because I really want my current income reviewed not part time hours haha.

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.