cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

do credit unions pull auto enhanced scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

do credit unions pull auto enhanced scores?

or regular fico?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: do credit unions pull auto enhanced scores?

I believe that mine uses a regular Fico.

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@tcbofade wrote:

I believe that mine uses a regular Fico.

Same here in my experience, both CUs that I applied for auto financing pulled a Classic FICO score, not auto enhanced.   YMMV of course, you can always ask the loan officers/managers, they might be able to tell you.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Depends on CU.  In general, the larger the CU, the more likely it'll be auto-enhanced.  Most AFAIK, probably aren't.

That said, if you get approved from a good CU, it really doesn't seem to matter anyway with the rates they're typically offering.

        
Message 4 of 9
nuggets321
Frequent Contributor

A little credit union that I belong to pulls both regular AND auto-enhanced, Ive been talking to one fo their ladies for a month or so gathering info and have found out while they pull both versions they are Equifiax only... this is in Colorado

TU-721 (MortgagePull) EQ- 697(MortgagePull ) EXP 693(MortgagePull) FWEB 24,2015
My Wallet : Dicover More 35,500 CL -Amex Zync NPSL -WellsFargoRewards4800 - -CapOne 3000CL -GEMBWalMart 5000CL - Zales 4000CL-Kays 2900--Macys 5000CL /SSFCU 5000CL / CitiBank Diamond Pref 15000CL - CHASE Freedom 13500CL -Lowes 10,000 CL - BBuyStoreCard 10,000CL Sears Store Card (Citi) 3000 - Firestone CFNB 1400 Toyota Financial $35,000 Auto -2200DiscountTire(GECRB) Citi TY Preferred 8100CL - Chase Slate$4000-BofA15000-ToyotaRewardsVisa$10,700 -BofA$8500 AMEX BCE 9,500
Message 5 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@nuggets321 wrote:

A little credit union that I belong to pulls both regular AND auto-enhanced, Ive been talking to one fo their ladies for a month or so gathering info and have found out while they pull both versions they are Equifiax only... this is in Colorado

Yeah, I don't know why CU's wouldn't but anecdotally they seem to be all over the map on that.  I have to assume that a Classic pull costs the same as any industry option including an auto-enhanced; however, since a number of CU's are pretty technically unsophisticated it's possible that it's just sloppiness in their systems, or that they just don't care / feel it makes any substantial difference.

That said the big honking lenders with copious amounts of customer data all tend to pull auto-enhanced for a car loan.  Presumably they wouldn't do that unless they felt it was more accurate and therefore more profitable to do so.

        
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My auto credit is excellent.. my regular fico not so much.. 

Most people would assume that the credit union will give me a better rate.. but - would't agencies that used my auto enhanced score give me a better rate?  

I'm going to a CU and through the dealership financing to compare regardless..

Message 7 of 9
Cellice
Regular Contributor

I would recommend calling them any ask what they do. Remember your normal credit info gets taken into account on your auto-enhanced score Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 9
marty56
Super Contributor

IMHO mine (RBFCU) pulled regular TU score.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.