cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downpayment Influence with credit score....

tag
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

downpayment Influence with credit score....

Well, I put a deposit on a car on Friday afternoon.I had to leave the dealership before the results of my loan came in..... The sales guy ran my credit through AGAIN because this "loan" was for a different car.... This car was a little bit cheaper at 30 versus 35

I gave him a check for 5K....I found out last night that I was approved at the promo rate (either Tier o or Tier 1) , on my own - no cosigner needed

MB only pulled TU for me, current score at 655 TU

Maybe it was the fact that I gave a semi decent downpayment?

I am truly shocked that I didn't need anyone to cosign this loan for me.

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
runNL8
Contributor

Re: downpayment Influence with credit score....

I don't know a whole lot about what will influence an approval, interest rate, etc...., but CONGRRRRRATS!!! What did you buy?
Message 2 of 7
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

A 2006 E350 4 matic...very cool metalic gray color...with around 35K miles on it.

Message 3 of 7
nes
Established Member

tier 2 is prolly around a 640, tier 1 is 680 and tier zero is 720 or better... atleast i think, alot of the time they group 0-2 together. just an fyi, its pretty universal through all the auto manufacturers(spelling error i know).
starting score in feb 2008
Eq:630
Tu:630

current score as of aug 3 2010
eq:692
tu: 697

Message 4 of 7
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Daisyduke, MB may be using the auto industry flavor of the FICO® score, and that score was probably higher than the FICO® that you see here. 

(The down payment certainly helped, too!)

Congrats again on the new wheels...

Message 5 of 7
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Thanks UBorrow. I took my son for a cruise this evening and he said "mom, this is a smooth ride", I said "i know"....

I will never know what my score was as the dealership handled it. No running around to Credit Unions trying to get the 5% rate. I got 4.9 for 60 months. Their promo rate is 2.9 for 36 and increase one point per 12 months... I picked this car up at lunch time today. What a nice ride - and it has more stuff than I thought it did...ipod integration, rear window shade, and I love the nav. My first stop was Neiman's to pick up something for the boss....how appropriate!!

Message 6 of 7
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

The nav is great to have, especially for me...I'm the worst at directions.  I admit it.  But I had to shut off the turn-by-turn voice thingy...really annoyed me no end...worse than DW!   lol  :smileyvery-happy:

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.