cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

few questions about CU auto loans

tag
henryla

few questions about CU auto loans

My current credit score is at my signature , im currently 20 years old with only maybe 200 dollars in debt in my CC currently that im giong to pay off next week to increase my score more , i been reading and it seems since i only have my CC's for only 8-9 months i have a lack of credit history , is my best bet to go to a credit union or is there dealerships that dont mind the lack of credit history , when i go to a credit union and they approve me is there a downpayment and can i refinance at a later date with another dealership / or the same union for lower rate. or are there banks that might approve me like i read on the acceptance thread about a guy who got a approved at wells fargo bank with 550ish score.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: few questions about CU auto loans

@henryla wrote:

My current credit score is at my signature , im currently 20 years old with only maybe 200 dollars in debt in my CC currently that im giong to pay off next week to increase my score more , i been reading and it seems since i only have my CC's for only 8-9 months i have a lack of credit history , is my best bet to go to a credit union or is there dealerships that dont mind the lack of credit history , when i go to a credit union and they approve me is there a downpayment and can i refinance at a later date with another dealership / or the same union for lower rate. or are there banks that might approve me like i read on the acceptance thread about a guy who got a approved at wells fargo bank with 550ish score.

If you walk into a dealership they will finance you if they possibly can.  They will finance you with the highest APR they think you'll accept.  And if you really need a car, you'll accept the deal, because you won't feel like you have any choice.

Try talking to a credit union first.  Or a bank.  Just talk to them.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.