cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

got denied twice on auto loans today-help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

got denied twice on auto loans today-help!

Hi,

I filed ch7 in dec 2007, my ficos are 653, 672 and 660.  I have been scouring the web for bk friendly lenders and heard GTE and Patelco were worth checking out.  Patelco told me AFTER a hard inquiry that they don't lend to people with bk's, chargeoffs or collections on their record.  I have had a perfect credit history for 20+ years prior to filing in 07.  GTE said my score was fine for a 8% rate, but after further consideration, said most of my cc lines are only 1yr old except for a couple department store cards so no loan for you.  Road loans did approve for 14k at 20.5%! LOL!!!  My major cc's are at 7.99 and 13.99%.  I haven't had a loan above 8% since i was a teenager, 20 plus years ago.  Can you try the re-consider route with auto loans or should i just forget getting a car until I'm at least 2 yrs post dc? TIA

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: got denied twice on auto loans today-help!

Problem solved with cap one blank check.  Approved today at 5.17% on a used vehicle loan for 23.5k.  Cap one was included in my ch 7 from dec 2007 filing.  I am shocked after the roadloan rate of 20.5%! Wow, just wow
Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem solved with cap one blank check.  Approved today at 5.17% on a used vehicle loan for 23.5k.  Cap one was included in my ch 7 from dec 2007 filing.  I am shocked after the roadloan rate of 20.5%! Wow, just wow
Message 2 of 5
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!- I was just about to tell you to wait.

Just curious whats the used car your spening 23Gs on?

Message Edited by moondog7324 on 05-14-2009 03:46 PM
Message Edited by moondog7324 on 05-14-2009 03:48 PM
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks moondog! I have a few thousand to put down so I am looking at financing no more than 16k on a 08-09 Pontiac G8 GT.  Also looking at 06 srt8 300c's and 06 GTOs.  I've been a GM convert the last 15 years.  My 94 corvette(sold) and 99 camaro z28(giving to nephew for well below market) have been the two most reliable cars I have ever owned(knocking on wood as I type this)lol  I want to keep the total cost of car under 23k including my down payment.  It's definately a buyer's market right now. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

get gap coverage- any pontiac product will be worthless in 2 years.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.