Established Member
Matisyahu

help me with getting a car loan.

I know the title is vague sorry but i need some advice if your willing to give it.

I have been working hard to rebuild my credit for the last 2 years my fico has gone from a 440 to a 575 eq and 612 tu.. I have financed 3 car loans through 

springleaf fin. in the last 2 years and paid off two of them.. I have a good credit mix now and low utilization ratio... its the COs and Forclosure and old colleections thats killing my credit. (all over 2 years old) 

my objective is to buy a car in the 15k-20k range but i dont want to pay springleafs 24% interest. can someone guide me to the best way to get a lower rate with out multiple inquires?

thanks so much!!!

New Contributor
ds3

Re: help me with getting a car loan.

I'd go to a dealer and let the finance department shop for a loan. I have bought 2 new cars in the last 4 months, and the dealerships beat any other offers I had from my CU.

Established Contributor
SamsungHDTV

Re: help me with getting a car loan.

I would start shopping at credit unions first. A coworker got approved for like 9% with a 601 at a credit union. Then also shop the dealership, because they love to beat rates.

I'm a personal banker and do a lot of auto loans serving the Houston area.
I suggest first time car buyers to read the sticky guide in the auto loan section.
I try to check these forums often, but if I missed your post, please feel free to message me with a link to it.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}