Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to pay car payment with CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

how to pay car payment with CC

hi, im trying to figure out a way that i can pay my car payment with Honda Financial Services with my CC. directly with them it has to be with a checkings account. but if i use a third party app like mint bills it gives me the option to pay with CC is this possible ? will it get declined?

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: how to pay car payment with CC

I haven't heard of this before, not that it can't be done but I suspect the finance company is not going to want to eat the credit card fees, if you use a third party then you will end up paying those fees. Let us know what you find.

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I haven't heard of this before, not that it can't be done but I suspect the finance company is not going to want to eat the credit card fees, if you use a third party then you will end up paying those fees. Let us know what you find.

just made the payment using Mint bills, it charged me 14 dollars to process the payment. which i am willing to pay since i need to meet 3k in 3 months on my Venture card. i also removed my auto payments for 3 months so that i can pay with my CC. after 3 months im going back to being debited from my checkings because 14 bucks i can use for coffee Smiley Very Happy

i will check tomorrow and make sure everything posts correctly and calling Honda Financial Services too. my payment is due on the 3rd of March so there is plenty of time. 

Message 3 of 21
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

So how much wsa the car payment?  Just curious how it works out in terms of percent discount.

Off topic question.  I see you have both an AMEX green and AMEX gold in your signature.  Can I ask why you would maintain both?  Just curious.

I used to have a gold and platinum before BK, so now I"m on the blacklist.

I actually think that the green card is the classiest.  It is sort of quietly elegant  I have heard that snobbish New Yorkers now choose to carry the green as a status symbol.  How times change!

Can you get all the same MR points with the green?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

So how much wsa the car payment?  Just curious how it works out in terms of percent discount.

Off topic question.  I see you have both an AMEX green and AMEX gold in your signature.  Can I ask why you would maintain both?  Just curious.

I used to have a gold and platinum before BK, so now I"m on the blacklist.

I actually think that the green card is the classiest.  It is sort of quietly elegant  I have heard that snobbish New Yorkers now choose to carry the green as a status symbol.  How times change!

Can you get all the same MR points with the green?

Thanks!

car payment was $364 and they charged 14 dollars for the transaction.

i have both because when i applied i had a collection that was removed and i recon and got approved for the greeen since i thought i would be the easiest to get approved for, then a week later i got the PGR. but im planning to cancel the green a month before the AF hits.

out of both cards i preffer the gold and it has better rewards system.

and yes is the same point system MR but the GPR earns them faster.

Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 21
MacMan313
Contributor

Op, can't you do a cash advance on the card and deposit it in your account

EQ: 646 TU: 653 EX: 658 [CH7 Discharge 10/14]

PayPal Credit $2000 | Credit One Platinum $1200 | Grain $1000 | Capital One Quicksilver $700 | Capital One Quicksilver $500 | BrightWay $500 | Capital One Walmart Rewards $300
Message 6 of 21
EddieK
Established Contributor

@MacMan313 wrote:

Op, can't you do a cash advance on the card and deposit it in your account

Financially, you never want to do a cash advance on a CC.

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 7 of 21
MacMan313
Contributor

I agree. But if it is absolutely needed to make the payment via cc and the bank doesn't accept it there may be no other option.

EQ: 646 TU: 653 EX: 658 [CH7 Discharge 10/14]

PayPal Credit $2000 | Credit One Platinum $1200 | Grain $1000 | Capital One Quicksilver $700 | Capital One Quicksilver $500 | BrightWay $500 | Capital One Walmart Rewards $300
Message 8 of 21
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

I think OP was just trying to meet minimum spend on his new CC. Cash advance doesn't count towards minimum spend on CC bonus offers.

Also, its almost never worth it to pay a car payment / rent payment if there is a finance charge. The exception, is yes: if you need to meet a minimum spend on a cc for its bonus offer. Or if the finance charge is at a percentage rate less than the rate that your card earns rewards which is usually 1%. Cap one QS is 1.5% I believe.

But yes, if someone just cannot afford the car payment for a month or two.. cash advance is the last resort.

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cash advance is a no go ..interest for 360 is not nice at over 21%

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.