delite11

hypothetical auto enhanced/fico score..

my credit is crap (603), but my hypothetical auto enhanced score may be ok based on my perfect auto credit history.

would it be possible that my credit union and bank will give me a higher rate, reflecting my regular fico..
while an auto lender (honda finance) gives me a lower rate for having a better auto enhanced score.

everybody posts tha the CU will give the best rates.. but they don't use auto enhanced scores..

Valued Member
Lynnst

Re: hypothetical auto enhanced/fico score..

I'm not an expert on this, but I recently purchased a car and my auto enhanced Fico score was 39 points higher than my regular Fico score.  I only found that out when I did the application to finance through Toyota.  In my case, the only car loan on my CR was a car loan paid off in 2000 - with no late payments. I'm not sure if a more recent or extensive auto loan history would boost your auto enhanced score even more.  Applying for dealer financing is probably the only way to find out.  Good luck.

BofA AAA Visa 16K, PNC Flex Visa 15.9K, BofA Cash Rewards 6K, Chase Southwest Visa 12K, Cap One Quicksilver 3K
chadwicks

Re: hypothetical auto enhanced/fico score..

The best thing to do would be apply at the CU and see what they offer you and then take that approval to the dealer and see if they can beat it. If they can't then go with the CU financing.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+