Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is ford credit decent?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

is ford credit decent?

Toying with getting something to replace the beater car (95 Honda)and one that I like is the mustang. I like camaros too but mustangs just a little more. Curious how hard ford credit is to get? They seem to offer a lower rate than my local cu when they have special incentives. I wanted a bmw for a while but that's beyond the budget.

Curious if ford credit is harder or easier than average for approval.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: is ford credit decent?

Ford Credit is generally the same as any of the manufacturers finance companies.  So much depends on your scores, auto history, down payment, etc to be able to say what your chances are without more info.

Message 2 of 15
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

There are no incentives on the '15 Mustang, so I would take the best interest rate.

Start with a CU and have that in your back pocket to help you negotiate interest rates with the dealer and Ford Credit. 

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

As for ford I like the mustang, the focus st, the fiesta st.

I also like the honda fit but im 6 foot 1 so not sure how ill do in these small cars.

Also like some of the kias.

Looks like some test drives are in order.
Message 4 of 15
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I also like the honda fit but im 6 foot 1 so not sure how ill do in these small cars.

I am a truck guy myself.  My experience with my last Ford (2012 F150 FX2 EcoBoost) was so poor I traded it in with 28k miles and bought a Ram.  As for your question about Ford Credit I did not finance my F150 with them but did finance 2 trucks with them years ago (2001 & 2003) and they were easy to deal with.

Message 5 of 15
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm 6'0 3/4. All these cars will work especially if nonbody is sitting directly behind you. Big difference between the Focus/Fiesta ST and the Fit, you can't be serious. The new Fit is a nice runabout, flat floor for hauling items and generally good utility for such a small car.

The Fiesta ST is comparable cargo and passenger space compared to the FIt, but fun to drive is off the scale; some say the best small performance car you can buy period; I tend to agree and if I in a position to get one next year I will do so without hesitation.

The Focus ST is less "tossable"/nimble compared to the Fiesta ST but quite a bit faster, especially with a Cobb or Super Chips tune in it. It's a better performing car than the GTI, only VW loyalist would say otherwise, even the 2015 version is still no where near the ST and you would only get close by spending $3.5K more than a fully loaded Focus ST.

For that you can increase the Focus' power to over 300hp at the wheels and year worth of insurance!

Those are my top 2 cars and I am NOT a truck guy at all.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sccredit wrote:

My experience with my last Ford (2012 F150 FX2 EcoBoost) was so poor I traded it in with 28k miles and bought a Ram. 

Sounds like you had the limp mode issues Ecoboost has had. This is the reason I ordered my Transit in 3.7L and not in 3.5EB. 

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

A friend has just a regular focus with a little over 200k on it and he hasn't had to replace much on it. Just the usual stuff you would expect with that mileage. It's been a great car for him and has never let him down. He's looking into getting an st fiesta so I'm sure to drive it if he does.

One thing I've noticed at the dealers is that ford seems to be willing to negotiate more when compared to Honda at least from my experience. And Toyota seemed to be the worst when it came time to negotiate. Had one salesman tell me that Toyotas always sell at sticker price so they don't have to negotiate.

If i had the money I'd be just like jay leno with hundreds of cars but unfortunately I'm quite a few dollars short.
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Toying with getting something to replace the beater car (95 Honda)and one that I like is the mustang. I like camaros too but mustangs just a little more. Curious how hard ford credit is to get? They seem to offer a lower rate than my local cu when they have special incentives. I wanted a bmw for a while but that's beyond the budget.

Curious if ford credit is harder or easier than average for approval.

My experience with Ford Credit is four loans since 2000. Purchased demonstrator SUVs, and new. Started at 6.65% in 2000 then started putting $5,000 down and was able to get 0.0% on the next two loans for 60 months then purchased a new SUV for 1.9% for 72 months no down. As to ease to work with... yes! Could not beat their interest! Admit that I did have a proven track record with automatic monthly payments taken out of my checking account which helped at the loan closing for the best rates. Ford incentives on purchasing new vehicles seemed to change very often and that made shopping interesting. Looked at a Mustang ... pretty sweet car. Since I live where we have 80+ inches of snow I let the idea drift through my head and keep on going ... Smiley Sad Seems that Ford is reasonable to deal with but as was already mentioned have a good idea on lending (such as a CU) in your mind so a pushy sales person doesn't stick you with some off the wall lender. Good luck and enjoy pursuing a different ride. 

Message 9 of 15
marty56
Super Contributor

I have used them in the past and they are good as long as you don't cross them.  Also if you can get approved from another souce at around the same rate they offer, it may get your some leverage with the dealer.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.