Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loan options

tag
squirrely2005
Contributor

loan options

So I have a quick question. I'm look to buy an 07 or 08 Silverado. I want to keep my payments low around 350/month. To do this I'd need to go with at least a 60 month loan or even 72. Now the one I'm looking at has 105k miles on it. Would a bank or CU be okay with that. I do have an account at nfcu so that's an option for me. Thanks for any input. I plan on going to the bank tomorrow but I'm anxious to find out asap what my options are.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: loan options

@squirrely2005 wrote:
So I have a quick question. I'm look to buy an 07 or 08 Silverado. I want to keep my payments low around 350/month. To do this I'd need to go with at least a 60 month loan or even 72. Now the one I'm looking at has 105k miles on it. Would a bank or CU be okay with that. I do have an account at nfcu so that's an option for me. Thanks for any input. I plan on going to the bank tomorrow but I'm anxious to find out asap what my options are.

I just visited my credit union trying to finance the purchase of a 2007 Porsche 911. Learned that the CU considered an '07 to be in their "older" category and offered loans at 9% while an '08 was in its "used" category and offered loans at 3%. The value of the vehicle as determined by the lender will determine whether or not the lender will finance it and at what rate. Also, most won't do 5 years or more on older vehicles. 

Message 2 of 5
squirrely2005
Contributor

Hmm yeah the only info my CU had on their website was that to be 72 months the loan would have to be 20k plus. The highest I can go with mine is 63 months. I'll just have to go tomorrow and ask. Thanks.
Message 3 of 5
Luscher
Valued Contributor

350/month and 105,000 You could probably lease one for less and it'd be new. Or something comparable. Id look around
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luscher wrote:
350/month and 105,000 You could probably lease one for less and it'd be new. Or something comparable. Id look around

+100000...  OP, shop around.  You can do better.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.