cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking to get some Motorcycle Financing with bad credit and Insight on CreditRepair.com

tag
Fox342
New Contributor

Re: looking to get some Motorcycle Financing with bad credit and Insight on CreditRepair.com

I didn't say Creditrepair.com wasn't a reliable source...I said  "I'm not so sure I would put my finanical future in the hands of the credit repair guy".  I don't know the people that work there and I've never used that service.  But for all I know it's a guy making $8 an hour and reading from a book that the company gave him that tells him what to do.  I think you will get good adivce on this forum.  Go to the "Rebuilding Your Credit" section and read...read alot.  Read books, read magazines, listen to financial programs.  Dave Ramsey is great...I don't agree with every single thing he says, but you could do much worse than to listen to him.  He went bankrupt and is now a mulitmillionaire.

I've had a mortgage in the past, but I don't have one now.  I can't tell you how much having or not having a mortgage changed my score as I didn't monitor it that closely all the time.  I've always had excellent credit though.  I always pay my bills on time or early and I have a long credit history.  The next home I buy will probably be with cash.  I am a little older than you though so don't expect to do this in a year...it does take time to save money.

I recommend learning as much as you can by reading and listening to people like I said earlier.  But the decisions are ultimately yours...you don't have to take everyones advice.  Conventional wisdom says if you want to be good at something copy someone who's already good at that...do what they do.  You can learn that through this forum, books, radio, and magazines...and of course if you know successful people then ask them, most of them are happy to share their knowledge and mentor you.

Like I said in a post before, you've already taken the first step towards this goal by reaching out for advice on here.

Good luck!

Fox

"The borrower is slave to the lender."
(EQ: 820) (TU: 827) (EX: 815)
Message 11 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: looking to get some Motorcycle Financing with bad credit and Insight on CreditRepair.com

I just checked my score on experien.com and man I swear I feel like crying. The creditors that I called stupid are killing my softly..... They keep reporting bullcrap amounts of money, saying I owe this much and that much and I know their fake accounts! But my friend score is like a 596 and when I see some of you with decent scores I just hang my head in shame... I don't understand how I've let this happen to me.. And it's not even a large amount that's owed on anything! I'm in like maybe $4,000 in peeking money, and those not even correct! That's just what my report says from all 3 creditors. I don't want to pay these people one red penny because the amounts are clearly untrue! My credit repair company, cteditrepair.com is like a company, a team I guess I'm not sure how to explain it, you'll have to look into it on google.
Message 12 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've read a few post on here and I've herd of people raising their scores from like 580, to 720 in just under a years time... I'm knly rushing because of my age and my time limit to reach goals and attain the things I need... God this hurts!...
Message 13 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying soo hard not to just say screw it and focus on something else but damn seems the harder I read and think the more it sucks because this is such a slow ass process, waiting for reports to be challenged and having to contact people and wait on the phone for line 1 hour before someone will pick up just to tell me a bullcrap lie. They'll swear up and down that I owe this money or that money and they'll tell you every lie in the world just to get you to pay... It's nerve wrecking and a great deal of time consuming... I only been at this since january and I'm ready to choke someone..
Message 14 of 34
barbaralee
Established Contributor

My husband is 25 and his most recent credit score report as 759 (Trans Union). He has never had any vehicle loans, mortgage, or any loans beyond his credit card. The only thing that he has done is use his card, pay it off every month, and never got into debt. But he has little to no material desires, which worked in his favor. He did end up getting a car, but that is only because he was the same as you, sick of the bus. That 5k car he bought is still going strong 3 years later. Now all he does is ride his bicycle, and we'll probably sell the car.

Don't be ashamed of your credit. Believe me, you are in good company. And you have the excuse of youth on your side, while there are plenty of people much older who are way worse off. I personally think you should ditch that credit repair place and the $89 you give to them give it to yourself! No, that doesn't mean spend it, I mean SAVE it. Maybe get a credit card with a small limit, start gardening, use the 2k to get a car, and go from there. 

What is important is baby steps. You can have scores in the 700s, but the best thing for your credit is time. Remember, baby steps. Smiley Happy 

Message 15 of 34
Fox342
New Contributor

Sorry to hear it's such a pain to deal with.  Remember, you didn't get yourself in this situation overnight...so you probably won't get yourself out of it overnight either.  Like the other poster said it takes time.

I have never dealt with credit repair so I don't want to suggest things that I don't know about.  I do however believe that other people have probably had the same problems you have and that means someone knows how to deal with them.  Look in the Rebuilding Your Credit area and maybe post some specific questions.  I feel pretty sure you'll get some good answers there.

Hang in there man!

Fox

"The borrower is slave to the lender."
(EQ: 820) (TU: 827) (EX: 815)
Message 16 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mrlion,

It took you years to get in the situation your in so it will take years to get out.  Personally I would't pay someone by the month and expect them to get anything done quickly.  From my experience rebuilding over the past months there is nothing that creditrepair.com is doing that you can't do yourself for free (minus some time and frustration of course).  You have a tough situation and I have to say adding to your debt is not a good way to improve it unless you have no other options.  Your probably better off taking that 2k and fixing your transmission and then use the money you would have paid for a motorcycle payment to resolve your outstanding debts.  

I know you have had some bad luck but we really do make our own luck so it is important to take on these issues and resolve them, doing so will ensure that you have a better future.  I am not lecuturing but speaking from experience, I have made my fair share of mistakes also.  It will take years, yes years to have all of these negatives fall off, you can of course file for BK7 or 13 and doing so would give you a fresh start.  The folks you speak of that get huge improvements in a year are mostly folks that have filed a BK and then reestablish credit from a fresh start.  Best of luck

Message 17 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate all of you guys advice and opinion and I know your only trying to help, a few of you have said that it has taken me years to get in the situation that will probably take me years to get out. That is a true statement but the fact is that I don't even have that much debt. Maybe $3400 in debt, and somehow my credit score went from 740's 580s... I don't have a want for high items like cars and homes and stuff but I guess my taste has elevated all of a sudden and now that Focusibg on my credit scores it feels like these debt collectors are at my throat telling lies and using every devious scheme in the book to try and get me to pay them. I think I will follow someones advice, one of you suggested that I just use the money to pay down these debt collects or try to negotiate and try to recieve letters of deletion from them, I'm only using creditrepair.com because I barely have like 20 minute breaks to post on here and I'm so busy or tired at times I don't see how I can find letters to challenge these debt collects and sit on phone being placed on hold for like 25 minutes to an hour listening to elevator music until someone finally decides to help me. Creditrepair.come is suppose to be challenging these people for me I just wish it wasn't such a slow process...
Message 18 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I already have two secured cards open but I guess a small loan for a cheap vehicle would really work in my favor and im just going to have to hang my head in shame until it all pays off... I can't help but have this inner feeling that there's some tricks or secret techniques I'm missing to put me at like 740's again, I've been seeing a few post where people have gotten secured cards with capital 1 or some other company and it boosted their scores up like 40 points after one bulling cycle. 😳 I find that hard to believe! If that were true I'd get that imediately! But they never gave the name of the card
Message 19 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some people still call me a baby but I'm freakin 28 an all these things should have been in order by the time I was. 24 or 25 but I guess I was being stupid still not focusing on my credit.. Like I said I've never had credit cards really, it's just companies like bank of America for $315, Columbia House for $88, the highest one is a medical bill for taking an ambulance ride 3 blocks away and it hit me for $1,399, a cell phone bill from an ex girlfriend for like $513 and I'm pretty sure I can try to take care of all of these for under $1,000 dollars max of I can get them to settle for half of what's owed plus a letter of deletion, MAYBE! (crosses fingers)😓
Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.