cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking to get some Motorcycle Financing with bad credit and Insight on CreditRepair.com

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: looking to get some Motorcycle Financing with bad credit and Insight on CreditRepair.com

It's incredible how credit will destroy a mans hopes and dreams and nearly survival in california, if you really think deeply a good credit score is required to even get a girlfriend lol, (Breakdown) bad credit = taking the bus or no car, taking the bus or no car = no respectable girl will give you the time of day if your pulling up to her on a scooter or skateboard or bike. lol and that's just a small example... even for jobs they pull your credit history and if you in debt they consider you a liability. Your deemed as a person who is in bad need of money and you might steal things or rob the company to pay off your substantial debts hahaha😂 wow.. I miss the good old days where you could go fill out an application and college degree's, good credit, clean back round checks weren't the in the requirement to get hired.
Message 21 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: looking to get some Motorcycle Financing with bad credit and Insight on CreditRepair.com

In 2010 I had a TU FICO score at 568, The only financing I could get for a motorcycle was through a dealer at 22.99%. yes, it sucks having a low credit score
Message 22 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

What was the dealer, cost of of the bike, type of bike, and what were your monthly payments?
Message 23 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was a 2007 FXDL with 6k miles, at Wisconsin Harley Davidson in Oconomowoc WI. I put $5k down and financed $5.5k through HD Financial Services.

The only reason I signed with the high APR was I knew with OT, side work, and expense cutting I would have it paid off in 6 months and minimize total interest paid.

I think it was supposed to be 60 months @ about $150.

Message 24 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was in a similar position. Lots of old dept, poor scores wanted a motorcycle.  I bought a $1500 bike and spent a year working on my credit.  It is lots of work and takes time BUT you can do it.  I put a ton of miles on that $1500 bike bike and had some great times (often with a pretty lady on the back).  After taking lots of advise from here and a million phone calls/letters I learned a lot.  Took roughly a year but got my credit taken care of and learned a lot about financing my new 2014 Harley limited! Also picked up a few credit cards with about $15K total limit.

Probably spent more time than most shopping because of all i learned here.  Walked into the dealer got the deal I wanted and rode my bike home with-in 3 hours because I knew "the game". I now ride the bike of my dreams have good credit and use it wisely.  Read the rebuilding forum, don't give up and understand it wasn't anyone fault but you own. If you don't learn now it will happen again

Message 25 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure this has been said...but what happens when you wreck this motorcycle?
Message 26 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am sure that you would be able to find a lender that will give you a loan in your situation, but expect to pay a high interest rate. Ask yourself how important it is to get a bike and how much you will overpay for it due to getting a loan at a high interest rate.

The main reason I am chiming in here is not to talk about loans or credit. I have lived through my biker days, many do not. I know many people that were killed on bikes, many other severly injured. You mentioned that you had a DUI in the past, if you still drink, do not get a bike. I was 28 once too, so I know you are probably disregarding what I am saying here, but trust me drinking and riding is a very bad combination and there are a ton of people in cemetaries and nursing homes that made that bad choice. Even if you don't drink when riding it the potential for getting hurt or killed is very high, a lot of people on the roads don't pay attention and often don't see bikes and collisions occur. What would happen if you ended up getting hurt severely, you would be unable to work causing you severe financial problems in the future or left unable to take care of your self. I know that bikes are fun and really desirable especially during one's hell raising years, but are very dangerous and no matter how good of a rider you are, bad things can and do happen all the time. I sold my last bike a few years back, feeling fortunate to be alive.

You also mentioned about needing good credit to have a girlfriend. I agree with what you are saying here, but you are looking at things in the wrong way. You are trying to attract the wrong type of girl if you need material possessions to get the girl. You want to find a girl that likes you for you and not because of what you have. Life is uncertain and we never know what could happen, if you lost everything one day you would want a girl to stand beside you and not leave because you lost your material possessions. You will find that girls will be more sincere when you have little or nothing, the more material possessions you gain the more leary you have to be with girls as in do they want you for you or want you for what you got.

I urge you to put some serious thought into all of this and make the right decisions today, your future self will thank you for it.

Message 27 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not just because the girl, a bike is easier to go to and from work. I drink but as many stories I've herd I'll never be that stupid to get my ass on a bike drunk hah! You're right in the sense of looking for a women that wants me for me but sigh I'm a man. And my job is to be the provider/ protector. I don't want a woman being above in the sense if her having better credit and taking care of me... I don't cRe if she made more money than me though, I'd be impressed! But at the same time I don't want her leaching off of me, I'd rather be alone. I'm 28 and my fun years are coming to an end and I also want better credit to buy my last few toys before I'm forced to do the father husband thing.... I'm not trying to get a bike to stunt and show off, I just want 1 in general because it's something I've never had before. I'm putting all my knowledge and effort into fixing my credit, I'm challenging some of these debt collectors and I'm catching thrm in lies left and right but I feel like it's still not fast enough. But I am a prime example of patience so I'm just trying to stay focused.

It's just also embarrassing because I remember dating like 2 girls younger than me and I've wasted so much of my life getting arrested or screwing up my credit that those girls have surpassed me and I'm extreamely ashamed to even contact them, it's just a pride crusher because bad credit makes me feel like an uneducated retard and a loser. I had to have my father consign when I first got a cell phone, DAMN I WAS MAD AT THAT!😠 Then he co signed for my car and apartment, it sucks holding your head down in shame while your father talks on you as he co-signs. There's going to come a day when I want a new car, new furniture, and a new apartment. A motorcycle is just a beginner helping build my credit because Creditrepair.com says I need to make a purchase in the thousands to show the credit. Bureaus that I'm capable of handling larger amounts of money responsibly. I've got two secured cards and I'm handling those like a pro but I guess it's baby steps from this point on.

Message 28 of 34
Rhino71
Valued Member

So you want a bike. Since you did'nt post where you at here it is.

Bert's MegaMall in West Covina California. Their most likely to finance everyone. But you have to be blind to buy it.

interest alone will kill you before your able to buy another beer.

Why not take the advise from us, here in these forum and man up pay your bills stop partying like there's no tomorrow.

All of us have had finance trouble, thats why we are here to learn.

Message 29 of 34
elim
Senior Contributor

some will say "its hard work" but it's really not.

you have a goal right? a bike or something?

you don't want to be a fish and pay triple the cost in interest right?

read some stuff in the rebuilding thread,    get some secured cards/loan while you clean up your reports,   save a few bucks while your scores climb,

add some better cards,   never EVER be late or avoid paying a bill from this day on,   get your bike.

a LOT of us have done the same thing (pretty fast) after landing here.

good luck, you're in the right place      :]

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.