Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

min score needed for Kia loan/lease?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

min score needed for Kia loan/lease?

Has anyone recently come across any credit score approval info with Kia? I can't seem to find any updated info on the minimum approval score to lease or buy a kia.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: min score needed for Kia loan/lease?

@Anonymous wrote:
Has anyone recently come across any credit score approval info with Kia? I can't seem to find any updated info on the minimum approval score to lease or buy a kia.

I was somewhere in the 660 I believe and they offered me Tier 3 lease.

Infiniti was Tier 2 but the dealership pushed it up to Tier 1 for me so I leased an Infiniti!

but this was late 2012, not sure to much has changed... my partner was over 720 I believe it was and was given Tier 1 with Kia in 2013 also.

I know someone in the mid to higher 500's that leased through Kia... based on payment it's a pretty ugly deal but I think they are like Lexus and Infiniti, they will get you a lease if you want it just depends on money factor.

Kia's money factors also don't seem that great, been looking at sportage leases for a family member and they came back at 

0.00158 which is like 3.79% interest and I don't think that's very good!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

In 2010 I got a Forte with reasonable financing, score in the mid-500's. In 2013, my car was totaled so the loan was paid in full. I waited for a year for the new Kia Forte to arrive and in that time I used no credit. In January when I went to buy, they said my score was 0 due to inactivity! I even made them show me the report. Still, I got excellent financing, low interest, low payments($230/mo). Now, I'm driving a sweet 2014 Forte Koup!  Kia will work with you no matter what your score is.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

A friend got a decent rate with upper 500s score. Kia treated him very well.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you all for your info.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.