cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mix between credit card and auto - advice?

tag
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Re: mix between credit card and auto - advice?

@Anonymous wrote:
i am at 660 EQ right now. and it doesn't show my EQ 04, only 08 and 05. i have had many auto loans in the past (i am 24 but have had (including refinances) at least 7 autos all reporting correctly (and only one is currently opened, the rest are paid off))

I believe what I refer to as EQ-04 score is labeled 05 on MF.  It might also be shown as your mortgage score.  But it sounds like you are below the cut-off for DCU's best rates.  DCU would likely be about the same interest rate, but would cost your two INQ on EQ (one to join DCU and one for the loan).  So I would stick with your first plan, local CU and NFCU.   Your dealer might be able to get you a better deal, assuming your auto enhanced score is better.  But they are likely to shop you around to many banks looking to see which bank will get them the best kick back.

Message 11 of 20
EddieK
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
oh hell no. 613 lol. i guess when my ex was late on her payment on her auto loan in november of 2014 (i was on it at that point) then that helped screw me. i had perfect payments on ALL of my autos since i was 18 until that

Yeah, with it being within the last year, you're getting hammered for it.

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

creditdunce - it's a refi, not a new loan so no dealership or shopping around Smiley Wink just 2 total injuries (one for each CU)

eddiek - yeah that's a huge bummer. i was so mad at her for that i called to have it repossessed lol but then i found out that i would be even more screwed
Message 13 of 20
EddieK
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
eddiek - yeah that's a huge bummer. i was so mad at her for that i called to have it repossessed lol but then i found out that i would be even more screwed

Yeah, that does suck.  A few years ago I co-signed on a car with an ex-GF, luckily she kept up with the payments after we broke up.

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

how long does that hurt for? i know at least a year but does it last much after?
Message 15 of 20
EddieK
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
how long does that hurt for? i know at least a year but does it last much after?

If it's a 30 day, they say it loses some at the 1 year mark and has very little impact on your scores after 2.

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah it was just a 30 day. had like 3 that month lol
Message 17 of 20
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Hi 2011XTERROR,

I have removed your cross post on this in the General Credit Forum, please refrain from cross posting the same topic in multi forums in the future it leads to confusion by the members and isnt allowed by our TOS/User Guidelines. I thank you for your understanding and cooperation  Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

that's fine i didn't exactly know where to put it
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

my local CU offered same terms as NFCU so i am set. stick with nfcu.
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.