cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my boyfriend / boss dumped me and i lost my company car, apt, and job!! Need car ASAP

tag

my boyfriend / boss dumped me and i lost my company car, apt, and job!! Need car ASAP

Ok so the subject pretty much explains it... I need someone that can give me advise to get a car. I'm in the middle of starting my own business so I'll be ok financially and I have savings.. I'm in the company apt until I want to leave technically. I have Awesome fico scores but theres a BIG but I only have one secured cap 1 card. I've been meaning to get a new card or two... I have cleaned up my credit completely a year ago. Thank God smart me!  Here's the credit details and what I've done today!!!!

fico score experian 781/no bad collections/ says credit history 12years. Has two old cards still counting on there / my newest card was june 2012. limit 300. today I thought I was being smart and got an online quote to have a back up at  the dealership so they didnt rip me off in the finance department.  It was u2drive.com I was denied and have 1 inquiry now. I immidently decided to apply for those cards that I know I really need bc I dont know if this was smart or not but I thought I should go ahead and do that before my score drips from auto financing loan inquires. I applied for an Amercian Express Gold and was declined. Then I applied for the Discover It card and approved for 2500 limit.  I realize now I should have waited for the American Express after I had another card or two? Should I apply for another card and if so which one do you recommend. Also for the car details: I applied for a used car loan for 27000 probably was not smart and should have stuck to a new car loan at 20,000??? Does anyone have any recommendations for auto financing pre going to dealership? I did all my quotes online w dealers and have them competing for my purchase. I applied to one other  online financing myautoloan.com I beleive they do soft pulls and shop you. A horrible quote came from  roadloans.com at 28% i think for 10000. 

My Tansunion: 712 fico: shows an old medical bill from 2010 for 500. it has no inquires. and says no balance showing on card which is weird it didnt report. I always leave 25 and pay it off when bill is due. All said not enough open balances . and 24 years of history all those cards are closed but still counting towards my history. 

any advice will be greatly appreciated. I want to buy a car on superbowl sunday I think the dealerships will be SLOW! 

oh yeah my last paycheck stub was for 1900 so I need to do it soon!!! and being completely honest  Im lying about my income saying I make 2000 a month. last 2012 I made 26,000. and this past year he bumped me down hard to about 16,600 ):

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Re: my boyfriend / boss dumped me and i lost my company car, apt, and job!! Need car ASAP

and one more thing the reason why I havent gone to my bank for financing is I beleive I show up on banks check systems bc I tried to open an acct w a credit union and was declined before for a bounced check in 09. Could this show up with auto loans? or other finance loan companies? maybe I should go pay it ASAP

Message 2 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: my boyfriend / boss dumped me and i lost my company car, apt, and job!! Need car ASAP

Toyota would be my first pick

nissan or Infiniti my 2nd

brand and dealership I mean.... Toyota will give tier 1-3 usually with 650+ auto enhanced fico

Message 3 of 9
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

Probably not a good idea to buy a 20,000+ car with a 16k a year income.  Good luck.

NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 4 of 9
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

@dabrian wrote:

Probably not a good idea to buy a 20,000+ car with a 16k a year income.  Good luck.

I agree with this post. Be sure to create a budget for what you can afford. Use an auto loan calculator to see what your payments will look like.

Also remember some lenders have a minimum income to qualify. Good luck.

Message 5 of 9

Although I thank y'all for your comments and agree with them there is more to my finances. I really want some comments on the auto loan financing. I may or may not buy a new car I'm looking for value. I do have a new business and I'm afraid to tell the lenders about that because it is fairy new and not enough history at all. I will be able to afford my payments on my budget that I have planned for the next year. I thought time at employer would be a huge factor in my loan. I havent technically worked since the summer of 2012 and have saved loads of money having a company apartment and vehicle. I have had well over a year for developing my business and right at the launch this is all happening. I dont want to use my savings for a car bc I'm in such a transitional point in my life.
I got to figure this chex service thing out! I remember the check but not the date exactly. It was a old bank of america checking acct I opened around August of 2008. I read on chex service website after 5years it comes off. I'm not sure if this is one of those things like a credit report where you have to still write them and make that request to get them to take it off. I also have to wait until monday morning to find out the exact date and amt of check.
Message 6 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I wouldn't think chex system would be issue with auto loan at toyota

Message 7 of 9

Interesting, so it matters which dealership. Well I'm a jeep person but as soon as i find out the date of this from the recovery center. I'll know if timing is bad and I need to not worry about preference as much.
Message 8 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@wannabehealthy wrote:
Interesting, so it matters which dealership. Well I'm a jeep person but as soon as i find out the date of this from the recovery center. I'll know if timing is bad and I need to not worry about preference as much.

They are super easy financing too

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.